• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Smash's hyper sste truggy

smash

Savage xs shell on its way to smash....

;-)

lol I wish I had the time do shells for anyone who wants one painted but I don't have a workshop or much free time to do them in, I love the planning and the painting, shame I have to go into work early to do it :(

So tempted to get one of these but will it handle 6s as thats all I run lately

dunno about 6s Tbf, plenty of lads run the ss buggy here, give one of them a pm, I only ever ran my cage buggy on 4s..
  • Like 1

Small Friday after work update, my aluminium tubing came today so I just finished the truggy ready for testing.. All braced up and hoping for a dry day tomorrow.. Posted ImagePosted Image

They turned out pretty well I think, I already had the rod ends from another project so it cost me about a fiver in materials which was some 1/4 inch aluminium tubing, some m5 x 20mm grub screws and a small jar of elbow grease..

Posted Image

• Like 2

Cracking idea that looks very clean :thumbsup:

cheers rich I can't take credit for the idea though as I saw it in a how to on youtube..

He use the same bits to make links for his crawlers..

Top job !

Do these feel so weak that they need the extra bracing?

I haven't even driven it yet Tbf but it's always a good idea to eliminate potential weak spots before they give you problems, on my hyper cage the cage was the bracing once the cage was broken so was the chassis integrity and I like to jump my rigs.

Mydoddy69 bent his hyper ss chassis too, if you like ramps and jumps it's worth the extra effort to make something up..

I do enjoy a jump or two and really fancy one of these so ill be copying you lol

Where do the grub screws go?

They go inside the tubing and inside the rod ends.. :)
  • Like 1

Well had a run out today and whilst everything worked it wasn't a stellar performance..

The diffs need sorting straight away, the front tyres balloon badly and it clearly robs the rear end of power, I'm gonna have them out and go 300k up front 100k middle and 30k rear.

The diffs must be bone dry barring some factory grease..

I can't comment on the handling just yet as this poor diff set up really detracted from the handling, it's really that bad!