• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi desert buggy

the watchman

I wonder if Nige gets 5 mins he could sneak a look and tell us what he thinks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sneak a look!!!!  I'm gonna stick a 30.5cc Champ ported ESP lump in one and go racing :)

I'll be at the Nook on the 29th and/or Nene Valley on the 5th Jan (Most prob. Nene), depending on the weather forecast, to give it a royal good tonking round the track.  

I know someone who we all know and trust who will be putting his thoughts about the car on here as soon as he gets it on Wednesday ;)

Most spares are in stock too, just in case lol.

Nige.

Sneak a look!!!!  I'm gonna stick a 30.5cc Champ ported ESP lump in one and go racing :)

I'll be at the Nook on the 29th and/or Nene Valley on the 5th Jan (Most prob. Nene), depending on the weather forecast, to give it a royal good tonking round the track.  

I know someone who we all know and trust who will be putting his thoughts about the car on here as soon as he gets it on Wednesday ;)

Nige.

Will you be running it at all with the stocker?

Would be nice to know your thoughts on it, for those buying it just to bash and keeping the standard engine :)

Well,  I think the engine and radio gear it comes with is great to be honest.

The radio uses a SR410 receiver, which is the same one that comes with the DX4!!! So basically the handset is just there (disposable lol) to make it a RTR.   Even if you don't already have a decent Spektrum Radio to use with the receiver at least it's going to be worth something to a friend or on the Bay.

Now the engine thing just reminds me of the Punisher.  It first came with a 23cc CY which was great cos it was cheap, reliable, plenty of spares available and easily upgradeable.  Perfect for beginners and useful in bits to experienced owners.

Don't forget a 23cc engine with stock stroke crank will rev it's nuts off, so get the thing geared and tuned right and you can have alot of fun with a standard 23 ;)  It'll depend how it's geared out the box and what clutch it has got to be honest.  If it comes with a 8000rpm clutch it'll be cool, if it don't fit one and it'll make it loads more fun ;)

Nige.

Sneak a look!!!! I'm gonna stick a 30.5cc Champ ported ESP lump in one and go racing :)

Nige.

Are you going to be racing one in the nationals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nige.

I'll get up to Nene for a look....