• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hobao h4e

ratman

Ah right yeah its a great bit of kit for the money. The prebuild one on Demonpower has had some upgrades to the shocks too.

Only thing that puts me off is that whatever car I buy next has got to last me a few years due to money, and I'm worried about parts support for the h4e if it flops and hobao decide to sack it off.

David, when you say its not very durable what parts is it that seem to be breaking?

My mi4cxl has had a fair amount of hard crashes and not one thing has broken so I'm very happy with the durability of it.

Yeah, looking around parts support does seem pretty poor, not many places have them in stock.

There was a well known issue with the drive shafts breaking when it first came out.  I believe the latest kits have addressed the issue.

David is spot on about support not many UK shops will carry spares and there'll be little setup advice for UK tracks.

At

Another day racing and nothing broken. 6races and a 4 minuite practise. Everythings still good. Setup is nice now aswell thanks to mark s

Glad i could help Mark. :thumbsup::):D

if you can still get the car for a reduced price then go for it.

However, with any new car it is going into an unknown with regards to what spares to carry with you.

I know the car wasn't new in my case, but when I raced with my trf415msxx, I was the only guy racing Tamiya so I had to carry a fair few parts with me just in case.

Edited by ta05

• 1 year later...

Anybody here still running a h4E?

Really enjoying mine now hobao have ironed out all the weak spots with the new parts, had nothing break for ages now.

Still playing with setups but whatever setup I go for seems to be a huge step forward from my mi4 In terms of grip.

Yeah ofna seemed to really push it and knew all about the different gen parts. Cml on the other hand haven't got a clue, it's just took me 3 weeks to get hold of some gen 3 knuckles. Not sure if they were playing dumb to clear out old stock or just genuinely couldn't see a different in the thickness or the pin holes lol

• 5 weeks later...

I get mine from the local model shop, he just orders them direct from cml, however I haven't broke a single piece in about 3 months now.

My best advise for this car would be read the 62 page thread on rctech

Ensure you build it using the latest plastic parts as the original stuff breaks really easily.

Grease your driveshafts before use

Buy the steel spool outputs to do away with the plastic blades.

Be careful if you do order spares from demon as the plastic parts are likely to be the old gen.

I love mine and regularly beat t4s, mi5 etc, I will be keeping this car until parts stop been supplied or a company brings out a car that would instantly make me a second faster

Also, bin the stock shock bladders as they might aswel not be there and get yourself a set of these. They fit perfect and don't let any air in

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?product_id=375566

Edited by hipwell

Thanks for the advice, its all built now using those bladders :)

I wasn't sure which bits were new-parts and which bits were old-parts in the box, so I've no idea which i'm using!

You will find out as soon as you tap a track marker lol.

The new knuckles have got a much thicker plastic around the pivot point top and bottom.

Make sure you grease the joints on the driveshafts as they are quite tight to start with.

And also make sure you use the thicker spool, the thin one bends. You get both in the kit but the revised part isn't in the bag with the rest of the spool