• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum RC - AVC (Active Vehicle Control)

PIPE247

i can see were the market is for this, (beginners llearning to jump ect), its pretty much like the quad copters have, auto pilot and manual mode... but personally i dont like the idea, and i cant see myself using it, maybe it might help the 2strokers in keeping as baja in a straight line lol

It's all the receiver, so you don't need a special transmitter I don't believe as this just runs on the DX2E.

I can understand why people don't like these but I can see them being great for beginners and if you want to switch off a little wizzing around a loose surface track.

Its not really controlling the car for you it just makes it go were you want without habeing to fight the car, great help to people racing 2WD such as Baja's IMO,but then again might as well buy a 4WD car to begin with, it like gyros for helicopter and planes you can fly without one but you'd be mad to as you'd have to manually correct every little drofty or movement to keep it heading straight the horzen hobby micro planes use a similar system and some of them would likely be unflyable without it like the pylon racer one.

But I guess with cars it would make them super boring.

is it me or is the horizons guys eye really close together..

anyway AVC or well a gyro with fancy features, its very cool and its at the end of the day innovation

but will it be okay for racing..hellll no thats cheating! 

I can undestand people wanting the heading hold as a learning device....and I could even see occasions where traction control might be handy .... but I would only want them if you could turn them off.

They would allow a novce to run a car that was a bit of a handful ..... but....Traxxas achieved this with a 50% throttle limit 'beginner' mode.

I'm sure it will sell a few cars....but it's not for me.