• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Selling Petrol Engine, Questions/Advice?

JimO

Have got this to sell, its from a FG marder.  I know a bit about these but not 100% sure what parts i have and what its worth or whether to sell on here or ebay it.

Is this list/spec correct:

-26cc engine (is that a zenoah)

-Standard exhaust

-Gears? (are these specific to a marder? Should i take them off?)  I thought the guy i bought it from mentioned he had upgraded something to do with gears?

-Air filter

-Walbro Carb (do i need to list a model number etc?)

-Pullstart

-Alloy engine mount (think this is correct, again the seller told me this, i presume its the bit underneath)

Anything else i should note?

20130919_174325.jpg

20130919_174339.jpg

20130919_174348.jpg

20130919_174355.jpg

]

20130919_174430.jpg

20130919_174410.jpg

Edited by JimO

Yes its a 26cc Zenoah.

Exhaust is standard

Gears are standard and not uprated so will probably be 18/46 but count the teeth. He may have changed the ratio to 20/44 and that is what he means by uprated! 

Air filter looks like standard FG so is a decent filter (looking at 3rd pic down)

The carb reference should be stamped on the under side

Pull start looks standard

Small engine mount only is alloy. The more important large engine mount is still plastic.

You also have a lexan gear cover which you could sell separate and should see you a tenner for it. Selling it with the engine wont make any difference to the engine price.

Do you have another engine for your marder? 

Yes its a 26cc Zenoah.

Exhaust is standard

Gears are standard and not uprated so will probably be 18/46 but count the teeth. He may have changed the ratio to 20/44 and that is what he means by uprated! 

Air filter looks like standard FG so is a decent filter (looking at 3rd pic down)

The carb reference should be stamped on the under side

Pull start looks standard

Small engine mount only is alloy. The more important large engine mount is still plastic.

You also have a lexan gear cover which you could sell separate and should see you a tenner for it. Selling it with the engine wont make any difference to the engine price.

Do you have another engine for your marder? 

How do you know its a 26cc? it could be a 23cc ?

to sell it take the gearing off and the lexan cover,

sell the gears and cover seperate.

also sell the engine mounts seperate as ther also for an fg

the engine is zenoha i assume 26cc but defo a 2 bolt.

pull start,exhaust,carb are standerd and leave them on to sell the air filter is i assume upgraded but id also leave that on to sell

so its a drop in engine for most 2 strokes baja,fg etc