• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

value of a yankee 92

edsaz

Hi all, as mentioned in an earlier post I am resurrecting a yankee92 1/4 scale Porsche 911 which doesn't need much spending now to get it all running just a bit of wiring tidied and a new receiver. The body has its fair share of dings as you would expect with a 20+ odd year old rc car.

I would be interested to know what people think it's value would be as I have been asked if I would sell it. The fact is that all the cars I have inherited are going to be sold to raise cash for great Ormond street, that may end up meaning that I end up donating myself to keep some of them or they may be advertised for sale, this is my uncles wish who is still with us but in care and cant keep them.

So people, what do you think it's worth when fully working??

Edited by edsaz

If you do a search for 1/4 scale legends http://quarterscalelegends.com/

or things like that, you may find a collector.

There is a fine line between how much you spend to get it working and the resale value.

what you think it's worth is your opinion, you only need to look at some of the crap on Ebay that people are trying to sell for top dollar.

At the end of the day, I have no idea what your car is worth but I wish you well with the sale.

• Like 1

The value of a car like this depends on what the intention is...

If you are a collector, and the car is a sought after model, it could raise huge sums of money. More likely, it will be a car that cannot be used with some novelty value.

I have seen a few Yankees on E-bay and online, but never in the flesh. The one thing the Yankees had in common on E-Bay was that they didn't sell. Your best bet, as Mike suggested, is to get onto a few of the collector forums/websites and see if there is any interest. Nobody is going to pay much for the car if they intend to use it, as the first little breakage could sideline it forever. On top of that...it's an onroad car...which restricts where it can actually be used, as you need a decent tarmac area to run it in. You might get

• Like 1

Thanks guys, put a new receiver in it today and new chips and it has been run up and down the road a few times, all is good. I asked in the shop what they thought the value might be and they reckoned around

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, as mentioned in an earlier post I am resurrecting a yankee92 1/4 scale Porsche 911 which doesn't need much spending now to get it all running just a bit of wiring tidied and a new receiver. The body has its fair share of dings as you would expect with a 20+ odd year old rc car.

I would be interested to know what people think it's value would be as I have been asked if I would sell it. The fact is that all the cars I have inherited are going to be sold to raise cash for great Ormond street, that may end up meaning that I end up donating myself to keep some of them or they may be advertised for sale, this is my uncles wish who is still with us but in care and cant keep them.

So people, what do you think it's worth when fully working??

hi mate do u still have the yankee petrol rc still at all ?

• 2 years later...