• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The life of a Stampede 4X4

mydoddy69

You guys thinking of getting a stampede should really look at NOT buying a new rtr.. Instead if you have the ability which is not much build your own, places like dollar hobbyz are cheap for parts .

This way your by pass the parts that will may need upgrading at some point and get a solid brasher your also get the choice of what electrics you want to fit ..

Basic platform should be around 130ish including shipping then add electrics of your choice along with drive shafts (I'd go mipHD) then add a shell and tyres.. It might cost a little more than the rtr but your be saving around

You guys thinking of getting a stampede should really look at NOT buying a new rtr.. Instead if you have the ability which is not much build your own, places like dollar hobbyz are cheap for parts .

This way your by pass the parts that will may need upgrading at some point and get a solid brasher your also get the choice of what electrics you want to fit ..

Basic platform should be around 130ish including shipping then add electrics of your choice along with drive shafts (I'd go mipHD) then add a shell and tyres.. It might cost a little more than the rtr but your be saving around

• Like 1

Slash,.  what,.?

TC alternative?

Its an idea i have been toying with for some time and i have a lot of parts to hand the idea is simple nick parts from all three stick them all together bit of dialing in and fine tuning and away you go !!

Feed up with out the box stuff so thought id use up some of my spares and see what happens .. basic platform is going to be around

• Like 1

Took car for a bash on some waste land today and somehow ive managed to lose part of the x-duty MIP front cvd :(

Is there a uk stockist yet does anyone know of?

seems the two grub screws near the diff housing on the front have let me down even though i used blue z 42 thread locker.

just ordered new front set from power_hobby on ebay who i used before.

never had this problem before and spent a good hour me and the wife scouring the ground to find the lost part but no joy.

cost me

Edited by Atomic7431

Took car for a bash on some waste land today and somehow ive managed to lose part of the x-duty MIP front cvd :(

Is there a uk stockist yet does anyone know of?

seems the two grub screws near the diff housing on the front have let me down even though i used blue z 42 thread locker.

just ordered new front set from power_hobby on ebay who i used before.

never had this problem before and spent a good hour me and the wife scouring the ground to find the lost part but no joy.

cost me

When assembling anything like that, always make sure you degrease it first, then allow the threadlock to cure for at least 24hrs. Then check all screws are tight every ten minutes for the first few runs.

Thanks, they had 24hrs to cure but i never checked them afterwards, lesson very well learned silly me.

Thanks, they had 24hrs to cure but i never checked them afterwards, lesson very well learned silly me.

I also tend to put quite a bit of threadlock on, it's a bit messy, but I'm convinced that the quantity applied is important. I use the Pacer stuff too.

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy a rtr and sell the unwanted stuff tho you'll get atleast the shell and wheels for free. Doddy there's a rallu roller on am- again.

u do sum awesome shells!!.....looks sweet! !

Thanks fella I try !

If you buy a rtr and sell the unwanted stuff tho you'll get atleast the shell and wheels for free. Doddy there's a rallu roller on am- again.

Send me the link I'll take a look but I might just get the chassis and add the rpm bulkheads etc and build it that way ;)

Thanks for that I shall stick a cheeky bid I was going to put this on a back burner again but at 80ish it would be rude not to have a go !

Was thinking of a firestorm for some 2wd fun but I don't know what way I'm going to go.