• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Shells, New Paint :)

RCMonkee

i cant spray for pooper haha, im having my boss spray me a speed6 shell soon and hes amazing, oh well, wanted to try the bittydesign shell anyway and its the cleanest job ive personally managed so im happy

1230090_10153252047325574_287075255_n.jp1231519_10153252047685574_1577231331_n.j

Ideal dude, should stand out and be easy to tell which way its facing after a spin :thumbsup:  I hate the first time you run it on the car and roll it. Managed to split mine first time out on the track. Had to get the Shoe Goo out!

Just finished my hyper shell. Nothing special though :(.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378408630.167710.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378408644.867265.jpg

Thoughts ?

Stealth! I do like the black :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Nice paint jobs, i really like the green shell.  If you can paint this well with spray cans I cannot imagine what you can do with and air bursh.  Have you ever thought of getting one in the future maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome chap!

The vast majority of shells that come pre-painted aren't really that, they're more printed than painted and you wouldn't be able to remove it. You'll easily be able to get a clear shell to which you can add your own design and paint scheme.

You apply the paint to the inside, that way if you scratch the outside of the shell, it doesn't remove the paint. The lexan also gives a nice glossy shine to the finish. On the outside will be an overspray film which you remove AFTER you've painted the inside.

Paint wise, most use rattle cans like these http://www.modelsport.co.uk/body-shop/rc-car-categories/9950/995025

Don't be tempted to buy bog standard rattle cans from Halfords and the like, as the paint isn't designed for the polycarbonate shells and flakes off.

Removing paint from shells is possible i done it with my Asnmann Virus shell took the stock paint off an sprayed myself Black was fairly easy just used an paint thinner and a old rag came off with ease only hard part was getting into the corners but for that I used a cotton bud..

THe shell s look Great btw :) 

Edited by stretch2807

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Painted a new shell for my Hyper ST a few months back (first one) and realy enjoyed it. So when it was time to get a new shell for my Losi 8 i thought i would have another go. Enjoyed that too!

Masking Tape, Scalpel and rattle cans :thumbsup: Saw the design somewhere else but changed the colors.

Comments and tips welcome. ksux.jpgzlrt.jpg[/url

dy35.jpg

9mix.jpg

r9gi.jpg  Hyper ST Truggy shell, again with masking tape and Rattle cans

imag1391z.jpg

[url=http://imageshack.com/i/mkimag1396mj/]imag1396m.jpg

what colours (batch numbers)did you use looks the nuts
  • Like 1

what colours (batch numbers)did you use looks the nuts

Cheers :)

Not sure on batch numbers as not got the colours anymore but they where FastFinish rattle cans by Fastrax. Available from CML Distribution.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...
Needed a new shell for my H2 and picked a cheap  clear KF shell up. Bit of trimming and a homemade rear mount and it fits pretty good.

Was not too sure what i was going to do with it but this is how it ended up. Need to get a black wing too.

IMAG6398_zpsx0osfpzk.jpg
IMAG6397_zps4h9iqfks.jpg
IMAG6392_zpsb8hujtw2.jpg

The GTB done a few months back. Mouth is a sticker :(
IMAG5898_zps511d16e1.jpg
IMAG5842_zps49930460.jpg

• Like 3