• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what to buy?

BanditBuggy

What style?  SCT, Monster Truck, Buggy?

Thunder Tiger knock out some decent stuff at a decent price, and always seem to get overlooked by the likes of Traxxas and HPI.  An abundance of parts available on the web and ebay too.

No thunder tigers do not make good first nitro cars to own and most traxxas aren't 1/10 even though they say they are their more like 1/8 or just a tad smaller but as said what type buggy truggy monster truck what use will it be for are you looking at racing in the future

I disagree.  I had an MTA4 for my first nitro and its run sweet as for the last 2 years (2nd hand too, not new).  Easy to tune, repair and maintain.  Stuck with TT since, and not had a problem to date.

I have 3 thunder tigers now. 1 sledgehammer s50, 1mta4s28 and a eb4. They are all good you have alittle trouble here and there and can be frustrating but overall iwould well recomend n the eb4 is great i find it sticks to the floor really well (no cart wheels!) . I also have a hpi fire storm and it is a real nightmare for a little car, hardly gets used cos something always plays up when i get it out. Its quite simple to work with but im always working with it.

I see nothing wrong with the EB4 or any of the Thunder Tiger cars to be honest. One of the TM lads had an EB4 S3, did mega stunts with it and it kept coming back for more. They're good cars that won't break the bank. I'd love an EB4 S3 myself but gonna get an HN X3 Sabre kit to build when I have another job.

Lee.

Had an eb4 s2 i use to bash before getting to racing and they were great on a flat off road surface. As soon as I started to get it jumping the front hubs would break without any effort or strip the threads that hold it into the arms. And getting hold of those parts was a mare. Not to sure about the S3 but from what I see on track from one of the lads who owns one the ball joints on the front hubs would pop out. Near enough every race. I know it's only a vase of popping it back in but that's not the point. U can get some real good race ready cars second hand for that sort of cash.

Had an eb4 s2 i use to bash before getting to racing and they were great on a flat off road surface. As soon as I started to get it jumping the front hubs would break without any effort or strip the threads that hold it into the arms. And getting hold of those parts was a mare. Not to sure about the S3 but from what I see on track from one of the lads who owns one the ball joints on the front hubs would pop out. Near enough every race. I know it's only a vase of popping it back in but that's not the point. U can get some real good race ready cars second hand for that sort of cash.

This was an issue but they revised the front arms in the v.2 or eb4 s2.5. they are bigger and stronger and now have ally front knuckles. The weakest point on a 2.5 is the wing

MTA4 is excellent.  I have had two 2nd hand MTA4's for the last year or so, and both have been easy to run and sturdy as you like.  Excellent for bashing and dare I say a great starter model.