• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

other hobbies

vrs55

Hello sorry if this has been done before on here but just wondering what other peoples hobbies is I used to collect diecast in 1.18 f1 cars and 1.12 moto gp bikes but sold my collection due to the prices the new stuff was going up to Iwouldn't be adding to my other hobbies are my 2 air rifles making Tamiya static kits painting warhammer 40k but don't play and now hopefully rc hoping to get into the hobby be getting a Tamiya rc kit I'am looking forward to putting it together and using it  

i like to spend my days rubbing my knees whilst watching trains go by and humming to myself. 

i also like to spend my days hiding in bushes where a clear view of a lovely ladies bedroom window is apparent.. 

hmmmmmm yes 

ooooh and of course i forgot, i like to travel around the country going through car washes, oh its so interesting, the different brushes and wash programs and the bristle content OH HMM IT GETS SO EXCITED HMMM

Edited by PurcyP

Dont know if you would call it a hobby but have got in HIITS recently. High Intense Interval Training and am loving it

Its simailar to circuit training but takes it ba k to basic with sledge hammers and tyres and ropes etc. Do a exercise for 30 seconds as quick as you can then 20 second break then do a different exercise. If you look at uscformby.com there is all the info and videos

I enjoy cycling, karting and I'm JUST getting into slot car racing with computerized timing system. At the moment I have a Micro Scalextric with a reed switch hot glued beneath the circuit, this is hooked up to the parallel port on my laptop and every time a car runs over the reed switch, it counts the lap. I need another one for other lane at mo but it works. Soon I'll be getting a Ninco 1:32 scale set and using photodiodes lit with leds for timing, you put the photodiodes beaneath the circuit, looking through a hole you drill in the circuit then have the led light shining on them. When the beam of light is broken by a car passing over a photodiode, it counts a lap. Simple but I love it lol.

Its simailar to circuit training but takes it ba k to basic with sledge hammers and tyres and ropes etc. Do a exercise for 30 seconds as quick as you can then 20 second break then do a different exercise. If you look at uscformby.com there is all the info and videos

sounds like hard work

health has forced me to slow down somewhat,

i do a little gardening, growing a few veg. i am also a veteran eve online player to. yes i fly internet spaceships

been flying them nearly 8.5yrs now and still enjoy the ultimate in freedom to do whatever i like,

i got a camera, a mini dvr, a quadcopter, a boat as other hobbys to,

i also like powercarving ( am freaking useless but gotta start somehwere ) using his speed rotary tools to carve wooden objects

i also gaze into space fairly often owning a large telescope and fully computerised system

including video imaging and photographs. subject to weather, cold is great but health wise big no.

so i have to shoot in summertime when heat affects the images and cannot be removed ( you capture the heat haze )

i used to before my heart attack ride bmx vert ramp and street in local park, mountainboard in local woods

kiteboard with my selection of powerkites, and generally be an adrenalin addict ,

Now i have to take things easy, give the ticker a good old rest and look after it alot more than i did.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I have a home recording studio set up where I write and compose music, I play keyboard and guitar. I'm also a keen 3D cad modeller (drawing stuff using computer) I've also recently got into air pistol shooting.

sounds like hard work

Its as hard as you want to make it. 

But after years of putting any form of exercisse on holds due to knee problems i just said sod it and i now feel great for it

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151546696910969" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thats what we do and that is me wearing a 10kg weight vest swinging the sledge hammmer

Edited by stebro

Lets see...

I Dj, am an Artist/Designer (good one), play Computer Games, Skateboard, and Bike.

Does smoking herbs count aswell?

1044495_10201573797455324_1731687108_n.j

And if everything goes to plan I should be starting as a Tattoo artist this time next year :)

Edited by Colicab
  • Like 2

Lets see...

I Dj, am an Artist/Designer (good one), play Computer Games, Skateboard, and Bike.

Does smoking herbs count aswell?

1044495_10201573797455324_1731687108_n.j

And if everything goes to plan I should be starting as a Tattoo artist this time next year :)

That's excellent to see that you may soon be a tattoo artist. More people who have talent like yours really need to do apprenticeships and become licensed in my opinion, that's a great piece of art there.

Lee.

Gaming, showing my dogs, keeping animals in general, bare knuckle street fighting, bass playing, drawing, especially sci-fi and the odd bit of saucy stuff. Got a few model railways bits kicking about and a board I never finished in my loft. Should really pull my finger out and get that sorted.

Edited by MarcusF

That's excellent to see that you may soon be a tattoo artist. More people who have talent like yours really need to do apprenticeships and become licensed in my opinion, that's a great piece of art there.

Lee.

Cheers Lee.

Should be starting on pig skins and melons by end of the year. Then onto myself and then other people. Got a few Tat Artist mates, who have basically just said, "Get on it mate, its easier than you think".

So going to slowly start working up the ranks, like I say by Xmas I want to be well versed and knowledgeable enough that I can do the hygiene side etc and be thinking about getting set-up.

Been doing the ol art and drawing for 20 odd years, so Tattoo`s seems the most logical way to make good money as an Artist these days.

Plus Im getting fed-up working in the Hotel Industry and wasting my ability :(

• Like 2

Does touching myself count?

anyway, used to airsoft, a lot, travelled the country playing airsoft, a lot, did it for 3 years but as soon as i was hospitalised that hobby went out the window and wont be able to return to it for probably another year, made a lot of great friends and had some good fun playing, plus spending a weekend camping, getting drunk and shooting people was just fun.. 

played guitar on and off for about 10 years now 

but other than that i dont really have any other hobbies, was going to take up archery as well, did my beginners course etc but not physically able to do it.

I briefly got into karting, but the sheer expense and "my daddy's got more money than yours" attitude put me right off almost immediately! Other than RC, I snowboard and like going on weekends away somewhere nice.

I like gardens, mainly pub ones.

Edited by James1986

I briefly got into karting, but the sheer expense and "my daddy's got more money than yours" attitude put me right off almost immediately! Other than RC, I snowboard and like going on weekends away somewhere nice.

I like gardens, mainly pub ones.

I'm into karting but I've never had a race, I just like to go and drive one and have some fun. If I ever get a kart, I'll be taking it to Karting North East. Pay

Edited by m3lyc