• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' Baja has now got a new owner...

Pistonhead

You two massive whoppers should get Pistons thread cleaned up :P

It's his fault, he started it, I'm telling my mum on you  (for the benefit of others, please don't take this seriously it's meant to be humorous).

• Like 2

I would not bother with HPI wheels, I would get silverback wheels. 

this, they are about the same price aswell, but they are 10 times better.

It's his fault, he started it, I'm telling my mum on you  (for the benefit of others, please don't take this seriously it's meant to be humorous).

why not be alittle more mature and just drop it instead of clogging up the thread with borring and petty comments and jokes.

The km looks great I would get one of them for sure but dont have any good bash grounds or bash buddies. I sold my fg because of that but I do miss it alot.

If you want a good servo look up the xq s5040d for

Edited by RCbutcher

The km looks great I would get one of them for sure but dont have any good bash grounds or bash buddies. I sold my fg because of that but I do miss it alot.

If you want a good servo look up the xq s5040d for

Edited by rytis

Just done the links rytis im not sure what im doing next weekend yet but hopefully yeah try get the revo tuned.

These xq servos arnt well known in cars but theplane guys rate them as ooneof the best cheap servos which are actually going up and up in price those two are older versions the newer ones are as much as savox some even more.

Edited by RCbutcher

thanks... l guess we all need to stop posting in this thread, owner will be not happy when he will see all this   :whistling:

this, they are about the same price aswell, but they are 10 times better.

why not be alittle more mature and just drop it instead of clogging up the thread with borring and petty comments and jokes.

OK

thats a great deal, i'm going to get one when my pockets aren't empty. :thumbsup:

DO IT!!!

You honestly won't regret it, i guarantee it mate.

If anyone asks, blame Denton like a few others have :lol:

Black windows and Killer Super Bee kill switch have arrived (changed from the Switchblade as i like having the extra security of the low voltage cut off and glitch protection as there's alot of interference in my neck of the woods)

Need to take a dremmel to the cage to lop the light pod mounts off and add a thin strip of foam to the mounting clips so i can mount the windows properly, but the shock cables, socks and new kill switch are fitted and working as they should :)

Posted Image

• Like 1

They stop the shocks over extending and damaging the seals by stopping the suspension a few mm from where the shocks would end their travel.

When there's weight on the wheels it they should be slack but tight when the wheels are off the floor.

Right, second attempt at fitting the windows was successful :-)

The light pod brakets were just snapped off quite easily as the welds were paper thin.

Then i found the 'p' clips were a bit loose, so i mocked up their final position and marked them with some marker and wrapped some black leccy tape round the marks, then cut the tape where the clips rested so i had none on show. All fitted up and the windows now sit properly and don't move. Lateral thinking FTW :tank:

Leccy tape in place and trimmed off.

jyvu8yje.jpg

All back together

u5yvyjeq.jpg

8avesega.jpg

First pic with the Hyper :)

ahahehy6.jpg

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Ordered an alloy clutch carrier this morning and will hopefully be here in the morning, so it's just a Turtle Racing front shock brace and better throttle servo to get then i'll be happy till the tyres are done lol

They stop the shocks over extending and damaging the seals by stopping the suspension a few mm from where the shocks would end their travel.

When there's weight on the wheels it they should be slack but tight when the wheels are off the floor.

Gotcha

Cheers