• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Hello everyone [emoji4]
build myself a blitz
20935130_10203667988496851_5293189994505170473_o.jpg?oh=f109e5494318802ff5c692b8db5a973c&oe=5A396F33

Have a problem (or not) the motor gets very hot even without gears, its hpi mmh-4000 motor and emh-3s esc. could it be the batteries? As I tested it with my mini 2s lipo from my 1/16 slash. Overlander sport 25c 1800mAh...
Need wheels [emoji4] any good cheaper options for bashing?
About servo, i used from my wr8 (sf-10w) but probably need something diferent [emoji4]
Which one is better: Alturn AAS750MG or Savox SC0254MG
Thank you [emoji4]

The motor will get hot when spinning with no load. Brushless motors get hot if they are spinning at high rpm with no load. This is normal.
Do you need just wheels or wheels and tires?

I would recommend the savox servo, I have had an alturn and while they are good specs wise they aren't very good quality and the output spline of the 750MG I had got very loose after a few weeks. I now use a savox sc-1257 which is a bit more expensive than the 0254 but it is very good quality and hasn't shown any signs of wear yet after a year of use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leo Best said:

The motor will get hot when spinning with no load. Brushless motors get hot if they are spinning at high rpm with no load. This is normal.
Do you need just wheels or wheels and tires?

I would recommend the savox servo, I have had an alturn and while they are good specs wise they aren't very good quality and the output spline of the 750MG I had got very loose after a few weeks. I now use a savox sc-1257 which is a bit more expensive than the 0254 but it is very good quality and hasn't shown any signs of wear yet after a year of use.

Uhhh...so need wheels and tires to test it under load. Thinking to buy cheap  Fastrax 1:10 sc wheel/tyre set, or dont waste the money and go straight with Pro-Line?

Uhhh...so need wheels and tires to test it under load. Thinking to buy cheap  Fastrax 1:10 sc wheel/tyre set, or dont waste the money and go straight with Pro-Line?

Personally I would go with a set of pro-line wheels and tires. They are much better quality than cheaper wheels/tires. If you aren't going to drive the car much some fastrax ones will probably do. Pro-line wheels are also much better balanced and have a bit more weight to them so if you are going to be doing any jumps with the car they do help make it a bit easier to control mid air.

So ive had my Blitz for a while now, since I posted last I have fitted a much better servo, at the same time fitted the HPi upgraded steering rack. I've took I to my local track once since fitting the rack and now it turns TOO well... I guess that's something I'll need to get used to. If I remember rightly on the rack I used the outer most holes towards the rear of the truck. Also since last post, I have installed the inline steering parts as well to replace the stock hubs

my only problem now, is the truck rolling on its side during corners. I know going too fast will make the car roll anyway, but even feathering the throttle sends it sideways and on its roof, and it's happening on nearly all corners

I'm trying to understand roll centre and traction roll, has anyone setup their blitz to specifically stop this? Tyres i am using mounted proline pin points (no pins removed yet) 

Also... got a proline Evo sc body to try and suppress the parachute effect, which doesn't do a thing to stop it happening, lol. All holes were pre-cut, there are some more that I could maybe cut out

any help much appreciated!

p.s, tried painting a body for the first time, damn it's hard! I first used the blue liquid mask from modelsport which wasn't that good, removed that and purchased bittydesign liquid mask which is amazing. Need to learn to cut lines more softly and straight. Hopefully the next body will turn out better

IMG_8164.JPG

On 20/08/2017 at 18:20, Leo Best said:

Ahh the new servo I got was that exact Alturn one. Which isn't too bad, but as you say it may get loose over time

i have a Tekno 1/8 buggy I just purchased which comes with a savox installed, I may put that into the Blitz as I'll be putting an SRT servo into the buggy 

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

hows the blitz club?

ive been out today, first time in about 3 months, I fitted new bearings right through the car over the weekend including the motor, also I refilled the diff with oil, adjusted the shock upper mounts to the outer holes, 

the blitz is a great car, I still like it after owning it for 5 years.

ive just been catching up on all the posts, seems like ages since I've posted

Still got my Blitz, but haven't used it much recently, mainly because it donated its 4700kv ezrun to the Select Four10 SC.  Got one of my ebay special 4 pole cans lined up to go in next, 3100kv on 3S should be entertaining.

I had been running mine up until recently when salt was put on the roads and the grass got too muddy. Took it on some snow last week though which was fun. Was considering fitting some lights to it as well so that I can drive it when it starts to get dark which is early in December. I still love driving my Blitz even though I have owned it for nearly 3 years. It handles so well and is so reliable and durable. Looking to upgrade to an Arrma Talion soon...

• 9 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 09:36, Peachy37 said:

Anyone still use this thread / drive Blitz RCs anymore ?

I’m sure there are still a few people who own and use a Blitz but don’t post much anymore on the forum. 

I don’t have my Blitz anymore but I still have a look at this thread occasionally to see what going on and if I can help out. 

Hi guys I’m new to this site and fairly new to RC cars but I’m loving it. Iv got a Hpi Blitz and I love the thing but I need to get some new springs for the rear shockers, since it’s a second hand car and I don’t exactly go easy on it is it worth me just getting a new set of shockers do you think?

Normally no, if the rest of the shock is good, just new springs id say. But if you are replacing to go softer/firmer then just make sure u get the correct ID. Having said all of that, often u can get a complete pair off ebay from one of those part out dudes for less than new springs from your LHS.

The stock ones aren't bad for  plastic rtr shocks, but an strc ali shock cap is a good cheap upgrade. I'm running trx big bores on mine, but only as I had them spare in the parts box, nice smooth shocks though...

Ah nice one, I was thinking about getting some upgrades so I’ll look into the strc  ali shock caps cheers. 

Iv got a firestorm flux that I’m going to sell so I might put the money into the blitz depending on how much I get for it. 

24 minutes ago, DJSBlitz said:

Ah nice one, I was thinking about getting some upgrades so I’ll look into the strc  ali shock caps cheers. 

Iv got a firestorm flux that I’m going to sell so I might put the money into the blitz depending on how much I get for it. 

If you want to go all out on shocks, I highly recommend the Proline Pro-Spec shocks. They are amazing on the Blitz, I ran them when I used to race and they were super smooth and consistent. But pricey. RCmart is the best place to get them.

On 17/10/2018 at 10:09, ostewart said:

If you want to go all out on shocks, I highly recommend the Proline Pro-Spec shocks. They are amazing on the Blitz, I ran them when I used to race and they were super smooth and consistent. But pricey. RCmart is the best place to get them.

Nice one Cheers pal.

i got lucky at my local rc shop, they had some unpackaged springs that they couldn’t sell so the gave me them for free since iv spent a fortune there, I’m not sure what brand they are but it runs awesome with them.