• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

schumacher mi4 4 cell project

arogon1235

Assuming you have checked everything is free but not sloppy, and your suspension settings are symmetrical left-to-right, then it might be time to look further. Are your tyres worn evenly on both sides? Is your weight distribution as symmetrical as you can make it? Also, is your bodyshell mounted perfectly straight? This wouldn't be an issue at slow speeds, but as speed increases, aerodynamics have a significantly larger role to play.

As for the servo, I haven't built a speed car myself, so am no expert, but from what I have read about other speed car projects, a good fast digital steering servo coupled with a gyro would help your chances.

Edited by XV Pilot

just a look over the car and found the 2 things wrong first the suspension was harder on one side and second the servo is buggered as when you turn left or right it wont center again so i am going to buy a savox servo later on in the month.

thanks for the help :good:

Glad to hear you got it sussed. Please keep us posted with your progress. I for one would really like to see this project succeed.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by XV Pilot

just a look over the car and found the 2 things wrong first the suspension was harder on one side and second the servo is buggered as when you turn left or right it wont center again so i am going to buy a savox servo later on in the month.

thanks for the help :good:

Can I play dad for a moment?

Never run speed runs with a car that is not ready.

I hope you are doing the runs in a deserted area...where the only person possible of injury is you...and you should ensure your own safety....if the car hits you at any kind of speed then it is going to hurt.....I only had to duck a Schumacher travelling at more than 50mph once to think "I am not getting that close again".

Have fun...and be safe....please.

If you're aiming for your Dad it would be better if he wasn't in the car. Your Dad can be fixed free, the car costs money.

• Like 3

If you're aiming for your Dad it would be better if he wasn't in the car. Your Dad can be fixed free, the car costs money.

LOL

Im just imagining the police report, "it was a 2 vehicles collision, this one got just a dent the other is a total write off! We could only scoop it up in bags"

Double LOL

• Like 1

after sorting out my work shop this evening i found my castle 5700kv motor which i thought i had chucked away. so i am planing on running the 4600kv sirius on the saturday and the 5700 on the sunday for the lols because with the 5700 its can be geared for 190mph so thats around 120 with drag, air resistance all of that stuff :lol:

I actually hope you succeed.

Yes you may ignore advice.

Yes you maybe a bit stupid sometimes.

But you're not letting people put you off, regardless.

If it wasn't for people pushing the boundaries and doing what they want rather than what they're told, then half the things we take for granted today wouldn't even exist!

I for another, really really want to see you succeed in finally hitting 100mph!

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 3

I actually hope you succeed.

Yes you may ignore advice.

Yes you maybe a bit stupid sometimes.

But you're not letting people put you off, regardless.

If it wasn't for people pushing the boundaries and doing what they want rather than what they're told, then half the things we take for granted today wouldn't even exist!

I for another, really really want to see you succeed in finally hitting 100mph!

+1

Yes I know I take the mick but OHO is right.  And lets face it, we're all gonna look pretty stupid when you do finally crack the ton.

well bad news i cant use my 5700 anymore as the black wire from the motor just came out of the actully motor and i cant get the rear cap off the motor so looks like i am just gonna stick with the 4600 but hey that should get me over 100mph  :sweatdrop:

Edited by arogon1235

Just want to add my wish of Good luck to Arogon1235

It certainly makes interesting reading (along with the MK1 thread) and I have to admire your persistance in the face of adversity :thumbsup: