• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's LC Racing EMB-1 "The M8 Killa"

.AJ.

I think if it where me the 4 pole would be the one over the black mantis but it would be good to have both to compare lol. I like the way lc racing have made it a standard 28mm can size for this.

Si

It certainly leaves the option open for motor sizes, I'm now sold on the LC motor, I'll be ordering one Monday ;)

And now for the final pic

8ff9d3954544a2d2c7cec67e7bd68d34_zpsb1d5

The shell is cool, but I'm going to change the wing for something bigger, I've got a pair of LMR Electra wings on the way for the XB4 so I'll probably try one of them :)

• Like 2

It will be good to see what space there is with a bigger esc on the top deck,i run the 35a in the m8 and its a tight fit but then there looks to be more space when the 4 pole is fitted to house the esc down at the end of the motor if the body shape allows it?

It hard to tell until I try to fit stuff, I had a similar problem in my Shark LWB, so I ended up running smaller 1300mah packs and mounting the esc in the extra space in the battery tray, I'll go find a pic

I use smaller batts in mine but still mount the esc on the top deck with no fan on and i use the small orange rx that fits perfectly at the end of the motor its just too tight fit to have the esc where i have the rx or i would mount it there on the m8, the emb looks to have more room but like you say hard to tell unless you have it all there to fit.

Si

I've always regretted sell on my LRP Shark LWB, so it was time to get another Micro, this time I went for the Schumacher imported and supported LC Racing EMB-1

On with the build

All metal diffs

bf5cd69d2629408ac2dd393e773f81d9_zps2df6

Fitted in the bulks

The castings and the metal used for the diff crown and pinion look bombproof, the slipper looks well up to the job as well

More to come soon ;)

Those diffs look unusual - not the regular style in every other car I've got. i.e. not 4 gears with two shafts crossing in the middle.

What is that design of diff called? How do they work? 

Yea it's a different way of doing it, but it seem good way around it with no bevel gears and just straight cut gears. It works in exactly the same was as a normal geared diff from what I can see :)

• Like 1

Looks awesome AJ

Also looks very similar to the yokomo land jumper (which ive wanted for a while)

Reckon its the same platform?

Edited by pieman5

Really nice wee buggy, very interested in one myself now, after seeing his thread lol.

Congrats tho tis a really nice wee ride.