• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing Ezrun esc and motor combo.Are the motors any good?

martin34

Yeah they are good for a combo price, but if u have the choice Leopard motors have a better overall opinion by users.  My HW 2200KV runs a little hot for my liking.  (same price bracket if not cheaper :) )

That being said, if you get a sensored ESC from HW it does make sense to use a sensored motor.

Edited by Deafty

Good question, if u can wait till monday I can compare em both, Leopard arrived yesterday :)

Though the main difference with the combo is; the HW is sensored.  I've run this both with and without the sensor cable and can say that over 50% throttle is neglible improvement with, however under 50% throttle I have far more throttle "feel".  Sensorless gives a bit of a kick around 40-50% throttle (minor) but more like a spike in revs where as sensored is very consistent throughout.  If u want silky smooth throttle cntrol then go sensored. :)  HW do a 2000Kv sensored but rare as!

My 2200kv runs to hot for my liking,  I rekon I can get more speed with the 2000kv leopard, geared up and stay cool.  But that's just an unproven thought.

Edited by Deafty

I look forward to hearing how you find the leopard.Did it come with the bullets already installed so you can just plug it in?I just ordered the leopard :yes:

Edited by martin34

I have had the HW Xerun 2250kv combo in 2 of my 1/8 buggy's and it has been great. Currently in my Losi 8e. Its very reliable and for the money i think its the best value.

Like Deafty said it does run fairly hot even with the recommended gear ratio.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XERUN-Sensored-4068SD-2250KV-Motor-150A-ESC-LCD-Program-Card-/251253998991?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a7fe7c58f