• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post up a random picture and keep it clean please

wangerman69

You know what RM , I was stuck on buying a Landrover Countryman or Defender .That was my goal a few years ago but then , the farmer I used to work for got one and I drove it once , my plans on buying one quickly went out of the window. 

Ok , I know they are a 1950's design and not changed much over the years but jeeze they are a job to drive. When I got in one I thought "where is the rest of it?" I now know where the expression 'Farmers arm' comes from.I had to drive it with my arm out of the window as the clearance was made for midgets and not someone with broad shoulders..:lol:.

Good side....my right arm was sunburnt...bad side , walked like quasi modo for an hour after I had got out of it.

J

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

i totally agree. Ive never understood the defender following, There an awful car to drive 

Arn't they all the same with different interiors and body colour? I have not looked into the spec but I thought these have the same chassis, suspension, engines etc?

J

In the defender range yes. Basic spec is front seats in plastic , Luxury spec is front seats in cloth and thats about it lol 

I would never buy one as there stupid money. My D2 will go anywhere a fender will at half the cost and 10x the comfort  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

This is near damn it as what he had. It looked great and was in show room condition for its age but just too uncomfortable for day to day use.

J

landrover.7.PNG

That's because it's a truck cab and you can't move the seats back like you can in a hard top or county, and yes they are a marmite vehicle I happen to like marmite and have had 3 defender's.:D

And as RM points out they are silly money and going up in value!

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Still would like series 1 even if only to look at. :yes:

Just can't get into the series landrovers don't do it for me.

5 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

I was on about the arm space , you feel cramped when driving it.

J

It's all relative if you can move the seat back you get more elbow room I do understand its tight against the door that's fixed with a smaller steering wheel, and yes I also know the defender is one of those vehicles you either get or not lol!

• Thanks 1

I must be doing something wrong on it then. I get pictures of peoples dinner , before and after and people posting things like bottles of wine/beer/spirits and saying crap like "Ooo, look what I have tonight" Some things are good information but the majority of what I read is not for me. As you say , it works for some but not for me.

J

• Like 1

Its all about who you add on your friends list ;) I only have close friends and family but some of the groups im in are very good. Its a great source of info .

But yes i do agree i dont need or want to see what someone is having for there tea lol