• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

On 6/2/2016 at 09:29, Coops said:

Black one looks very stealthy!

Cheers.

Unfortunately it wasn't very stealthy on it's maiden outing at the track today.  Smell of cooked ESC gave her position away :/  I set her up on the bench, all good, took her to the track and other than altering motor rotation (sure i'd set it already!) didn't touch anything.  Popped a battery in, started practice - didn't seem hugely quick but handled beautifully, if a little nose heavier with the stock wing than I'm used to (I usually run a 1:10 2WD wing).  Third lap in and she stopped, though steering still worked fine.  Knowing it was a full battery, and I wasn't running a fan I immediately thought overheat protection.  As soon as I walked out to get her though I could smell the esc yards away, shell off and she was sizzling hot - stupidly I'd left the temp gun at home but i'd guesstimate 70 plus - I couldn't touch it for more than a second. :(  Let her cool with the big blower fan on, and with a battery connected but no signal she immediately started to get warm - I'd transferred the Rx into the other car so didn't test her, but as there was no reason for it to overheat there seemed little point.  Connected the program card up, bingo it worked - for twenty seconds then disconnected itself, restarted and repeated.  

Swapped the PT over to the old chassis and ran that instead, after fluffing a heat as the TX end points we're set for the new chassis' servo I eventually took the win.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack your thread but it is Micro related :rolleyes:

Is there anyone with a Micro that's close to Plymouth tonight? We are racing at the Eurotech RC Arena tonight if any of you guys want to come and join us. We get a good turnout of micros and we have some really good races.

Track link with info and directions is below.

https://www.facebook.com/EurotecRCArenaPlymouth/

I just thought i would ask, you never know where the next micro national champion might be lurking :P:D

• 2 months later...

I don't have the stock wheels but buggy wheels will probably be put on at some stage and i have axle extenders that i bought ages ago if i want more width although they are 15mm extenders, 6mm offset wheels that are on it now give a wider stance, i will play around with it and see what works best.

Si 

• 1 month later...

Thought i would add a wrc roller to my lc family, i have a few spare motors i can try in it, it actually is bigger than i expected due to the size of the shell.

_20161013_205037_zpst5byhivh.jpg

Si

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Where is the best place to buy one of these at the moment?(metal chassis rtr)  My missus wants a few ideas for Xmas.

Want yours back Jim?

LC pulled a fast one, the RTR's are now brushed as well as with plastic chassis etc.  Stock on the continent of the kit specced rtr was drying up last time I looked months ago, and prices we're rising to reflect.  My usual contact in das Deutschland does however have some left, and they've dropped them back to 199 euros.  

Schumacher are still the uk distributor, so a KIT was (for me) the best option new.  That said Micro's seem to have been flavour of the month at my local clubs, so there's been quite a few barely used one for sale where people have (prob) decided it wasn't for them.

• 3 months later...

different servo than mine.

That layout is pretty much what i was running.

My hw60a fitted in there. 

Is it just a matter of u not wanting the same esc again?  the hw just stock should be good?

Edited by Deafty

• 2 weeks later...

Now added another LC to the collection, mainly so me and the boys all have the same car (albeit different variants).

So we now have:

• EMB-1H buggy: the original buggy but with upgraded 60a Turnigy ESC, Red CNC spindle carrier and Red CNC locking hex's amongst others
  • EMB-1H Monster Truck: this was a buggy at first but with new body posts and MT wheel/tyre combo, it's now a fully fledged Monster Truck

and the newest one is an EMB-1SC - bought from a member on here, it's barely been run and came upgraded with CNC spindle carrier, front and rear allot shock towers, alloy chassis plate (presume the original was plastic?) plus upgraded alloy shocks.

_20160826_140605_zpsglcvf81g.thumb.jpg.2ba3f8417fd82de02f2b939a180c631e.jpg

Modifications planned so far:

• Modify the battery tray so that I can run 2S Turnigy 2200 mAh packs (as per the other cars)
  • Switch the EC connector for a XT60 (I have an EC-XT60 adapter to use in the interim)
  • Car came with a brand new clear shell so will perhaps get that painted up into something else

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Deafty said:

Just noticed thes tires or previously ruled them out I can't remember :lol:

U6690_SST-Carpet-Dragon-24-25mm-Reifen.j

http://cs-shop.de/SST-Carpet-Dragon-24/25mm-pr

Any good for OSS Carpet?

I was told not by my LHS after specifically asking.  We we're on cheap felt at the time but the consensus was rally blocks all the way or mini pins like the national guys run

• 1 month later...

Thought I would stick some 2.2 buggy wheels on the truggy, i already had the 15mm extenders in my box, think I will buy another set to use rears all round.

_20170607_181345_zpskllfzmdn.jpg

_20170607_181708_zps1cz4e4f2.jpg

Si

Edited by silone74

7 minutes ago, silone74 said:

Thought I would stick some 2.2 buggy wheels on the truggy, i already had the 15mm extenders in my box, think I will buy another set to use rears all round.

_20170607_181345_zpskllfzmdn.jpg

_20170607_181708_zps1cz4e4f2.jpg

Si

Funnily enough @bombercountynick brought his Truggy to Manor last Sunday - it's the first time i've seen the Truggy wheels in the flesh - talk about offset!  I thought then that 4WD buggy wheels might be the way forward.

On 5/4/2017 at 22:30, Deafty said:

Just noticed thes tires or previously ruled them out I can't remember :lol:

U6690_SST-Carpet-Dragon-24-25mm-Reifen.j

http://cs-shop.de/SST-Carpet-Dragon-24/25mm-pr

Any good for OSS Carpet?

Double post naughtiness , but to drag this back up we're on EOS carpet now.  I ran with some 50% worn rally blocks and they we're still extremely grippy - I had to be very careful on the brand new 1st run sections of carpet as it wanted to grip roll at the slightest provocation.

• Like 1

The 15mm extenders might just be abit too long, the truggy stock wheels are 11mm offset, there are some extenders on ebay that are 12mm that would be better but I already had these.

Si

I will take them off and fit them to check, i can't see why they wouldn't fit but the offset would possibly not be enough to not have problems but i will check ?

Si

• Like 1

Does anyone have a clue what size these wheels are?

I'm thinking stock 1/10th 4wd rear wheels on the rear / front's on the front... that sounds stupid i know :lol:

I was thinking of going with 4wd front's all around?

ONE.jpg

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 1