• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xbox One

snoopystorm

You actually killed 4 Xbox 360's in one day ?

That's impressive. I've had lots of 360's and still never killed one of them.

yep, 4,5,6,7, all had rrod soon as I plugged them in, home with it, plug in and a lovely roundy reddy ringy thingy,matey in the shop thought I was taking the pee, probably was a bad batch but why did MS release the pile of poo knowing it had design flaws. The inbred in the shop said if I upgraded to the elite I wouldn't have that problem! Got a refund and then begged forgiveness from Sony, MS offered me a top spec elite for

Ridiculous decision. Removed all of the features that actually differentiated the xbone from the PS4 because people couldn't cope with a simple change. Don't see why MS couldn't have implemented a system which incorporated both forms of authentication whilst keeping said features

Ridiculous how, they've took away the drm rubbish that was putting a lot of people off.

More like good business sense, drm is up to the publishers anyway, they'll build something into the game that will do the same thing soon enough.

Personally I now like the fact I can borrow a game from a friend or even dare to buy a second hand game, oh and the fact that I can take the xbone to my mates gaff and it'll work. Thank you so much Microsoft for allowing me to use something I've paid for how I want to use it, very kind of you.

• Like 1

I can understand the reasons for Microsoft wanting to DRM content. Its well known that microsoft and Sony make little to no profit, perhaps even losses, on the console hardware. The profit is in games and downloadable content. MS and Sony dont make money on a re-sold game.

DRM already exists to an extent also. The number of people saying "im going with Sony, they'd never shaft their customers" - can I suggest you look inside most PSVita games and some PS3 games? See that card with the online access code? Remind me what that is again.......

Ridiculous how, they've took away the drm rubbish that was putting a lot of people off.

More like good business sense, drm is up to the publishers anyway, they'll build something into the game that will do the same thing soon enough.

Personally I now like the fact I can borrow a game from a friend or even dare to buy a second hand game, oh and the fact that I can take the xbone to my mates gaff and it'll work. Thank you so much Microsoft for allowing me to use something I've paid for how I want to use it, very kind of you.

MS didn't blocked used games, they left it up to the publisher. There was also a system in place for lending games which isn't as ideal as today, but it was still there. Just seems like MS have tried to do something different with the console market and evolve it but it has been immediately dismissed because people can't cope with change. Nobody seems to care about DRM when Steam do it, even though it's arguably more restrictive than the xbone.

We've now lost a lot of the features that distinguished the Xbone from the PS4 such as the instant game switching, and being able to play another game whilst waiting for a multiplayer game to be set up.

Ok maybe the term blocked was a bit over the top but Microsoft did put restrictions on the sale, use and lending of used software, hence the somewhat large U turn they had to make stating that many of these restrictions had been lifted or relaxed. I didn't notice Ubisoft's or EA's name mentioned in any of the press releases regarding this, so how was it up to the publishers?

I see what you are saying about Steam but I'm guessing that because they deal with predominantly downloadable software rather than hard copy (disk) and also maybe most of their business still comes from PC is why DRM is not an issue as the PC guys have had to deal with it for a lot longer than console users.

Whether or not the latest console whoever makes it can do this that and the other is a moot point, they are made for gaming which is what most people want, put the game in the slot or download it and then play whether online or offline, dead simple.

Personally I'm happier that the Xbone now has Blue ray and a Kinect that looks like it has better intergration in both hardware and software.

I'm another one on the "stuff Kinect" bandwagon.

I dont want to make gestures, or talk to my console, just let me lie in bed playing it whilst the mrs is faffing about in the bathroom etc!

THIS!

I like the current Xbox since if its cold, I can have my duvet on top and just have the controller underneath. When the Wii came out, didn't see me playing it much often and guess what, I didn't because of all the extra faf of having to be pointing at the screen and either moving and putting in extra effort.

I suppose consoles are evolving and now a days but just wish they would stop making them have stupid interfaces and leave users to use a controller of some sort. PC gaming has been like that for years and still lives as strong as it did last year.

I think the reason why PC Gamer's don't care about Steam and DRM, Is because most of them pay next to nothing for the games, Or anything money wise for them to care about DRM, 70 odd games I have in my Steam library, And I'v still yet to play half of them.

The first thing youll do on xbox is sign up.

Xbox reserve the right to change policies at free will so the patch bypassing built in software wont last long after xbox has taken atleast enough money to think its safe to gamble.

I love forza seriously but I can't give ms money to mess up offline gaming and game sharing its ridiculous I buy used games definitely and damn glad I can after some very disappointing purchases like driver 3 with my first pay from work.

I always buy a game new on release if I liked its predecessor tho. Butvonce finished I like to sell it on again.

They should stick with online passes to recoup thats fine with me I buy alot of add ons and psn content but I buy that stuff knowing one day it will be useless to me I dont want that for my games and consoles too. Why would anybody.

Look up nintendo nes "new york stadium events" used price damn thats one reason to keep games as they are.

Edited by RCbutcher