• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Let me introduce myself

reverend

rofl Let the Reverend introduce himself. I am quite new to RC cars but did venture into it like most Dads when my lad was about 12, now he's 30 and 6'11" so don't mess wth him! we bought a Tamiya monster beetle which he still has we had loads of fun and did some upgrades. Then he got interested in real cars and er women!

I have been off sick for some while and needed something to keep me sane that wasn't too stressful 9or expensive). having always been in the motor trade the real thing was too much like work and anyway as you get plder they become a means of transport and who needs the expense and aggro that come with playin with em!

I have done quite a lot of full size off road driving and living in Wales that was ideal but again it was becoming politically incorrect by the constant army of doo gooders and tree huggers that it was being spoilt by the risk of confrontation with antis. Not being one that wants to offend or upset people even though I was not doing anything illegal or stupid.

Enter the Tamiya Twin Detonator. Great fun, not too expensive if you break it and being electric quiet and unobtrusive........it does worry me though that I have to connect it to the mains to charge it up after each run. What will the huggers have to say about that??

Anyway I took it out on Thursday and found a place on the Denbigh Moors that was quiet and ideal. An area that had been quarried and had some nice mud and steep slopes. great fun. The I saw a sign that said area of Special Scientific Interest no motor vehicles!! He He apparently the Chief Constable of North Wales can confiscate MV's being used illegally on the site and crush it. This gave me immense satisfaction and I was fine until the police helicopter came over..............bugar better hide my car just in case. How long will it be before some green cottons on to us?? Nitro boys watch out!!

For those of you with sensitive stomachs no animals or plants were hurt in this exercise but TD did rearrange a few stones and might have killed an ant or three!!

Just in case you were wondering I am not a real reverend but do believe in God so there!!

Hope to hear from some of you.

The rev! :D:D:P

I am not a real reverend but do believe in God so there!!

Dont worry dude - so do i! and no1 here has ever questioned or even critised me about it....

Another good reason to join the forum!!!

anyway enjoy ur long stay!!!

feel free to ask stuff we'll all help solve it :D

Ziggy

Dont worry dude - so do i! and no1 here has ever questioned or even critised me about it....

Another good reason to join the forum!!!

anyway enjoy ur long stay!!!

feel free to ask stuff we'll all help solve it :D

Ziggy

Thanks for the welcome Ziggy. Sounds like a nice friendly forum with loads of sound advice. I already feel welcome.

The reverend :D

Welcome to the forum.

I too like to do a bit of off road driving.

Climb every mountain :lol:

02522acv8.jpg

Got to love those Range Rovers :P

DAVE.

:good:

Blimey mate sending me pictures like that makes me go weak. I had a rangie for a while great motor but a money pit.

Me thinks I will just stick to my twin detonator.....two new engines for that would cost me less than a new engine for a rangie!

Nice to hear from you though.

Reverend :good::good::good:

Blimey mate sending me pictures like that makes me go weak. I had a rangie for a while great motor but a money pit.

Me thinks I will just stick to my twin detonator.....two new engines for that would cost me less than a new engine for a rangie!

Nice to hear from you though.

Reverend :good::good::good:

Tell me about it. Had to have a new engine in my currant Rangie.

Get ready for this £4265 fitted :o:o:o:(

But it really is a great car :P:P

DAVE.

:lol: thats the weirdest into ive ever heard rofl.

Welcome to the forum mate, and if you think this hobby isnt stressfull of exoensive, then youve got a lot to learn, specially when yoou start hopping it up :P

i agree lol

but yeah.. WELCOMTO MSUK and have fun :D

yes that was a rather weird and long intro..but welcome

and if your not a reverend why are you called reverend? :lol:

Hi there. Two reasons. One its a nickname I've had with mi mates for years. Something to do with the fact that I am also a Church leader and the other because it has conotations with motoring which I have always been into REV!! erend!!

Hope that helps clarify my 'handle'

Reverend :good::good: