• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new esc and motor for a losi ten scte

mmt

hi i just got myself a ten scte and need a motor and esc for it i am looking at the tenshock sc401 4000kv and the 4600kv motors and hobbywing wpsc8 120amp and xerun 150amp esc i will be running the system on nano-tech 5300 50-100c 2s lipos as thay are all i have can people give me pros and cons to useing any of the systems and recoment different setups for me to have a look at my bugget is

The wp8 ESC is a good piece of kit for the money, couple it with a tenshock can of 4400-4600kv on your 2s packs and she will fly. Look at funshobby as they do good combo deals.

Are u racing or just bashing? If racing, a sensored set up will be beneficial as it will run smoother at low speeds (the sensors eliminate cogging).

I have no experience of the 150a ESC.

Feel free to read the scte build threads on the forum as they are packed with useful info about hop ups, mods etc. Still a low volume truck on MSUK, despite their proven ability over a slash.

hi noj thanks for the reply i will be racing the scte and doing track days with it at herts nitro track i am used to racing 1/10 2wd st trucks and buggys and a few of my friends have just got the ten scte so got one to and the esc and motors for sc trucks sort of stumped me a bit lol is the wpsc8 sensored if so i will get that one and the 4400kv motor thanks again noj have a good day :thumbsup:

The Wpsc8 isn't sensored, however, they do the Xerun SCT pro 120a, splash proof (it is blue in colour). Pair this with the tenshock sc411 can in your desired kV and voila, a reliable and powerful sensored system.

Hth and happy racing

thank you noj for the replys i am going to order the ts sc411 4600kv and the xerun sct pro 120amp esc would you know what sort of run times i would avarage with this setup on a large fast track with my nano-tech 5300 50-100c 2s lipos thanks again

You need the advice of A.J. for that, as he raced his ten last year; I merely bash mine (the v1 rtr) on stock electrics currently. I think you will be fine for runtimes, using a fresh pack each race, but equally I could be talking rubbish...not unknown lol

How long are your race times mate. If 5 min races you should get two races out of those packs but I would top up between races if I were you and you may even squeeze three races out. I have that tenshock and its a fantastic motor for the price. Coupled it to tge xerun sct pro esc and very very happy with it. Would love to race mine but can't find anywhere that races them so got a b44.2 to race locally.

hi thanks for the replys the racing will be 5 mins heats and 10 mins finals as far as i know would it be an idea to get the nano-tech 6600 65-130c 2s cells for racing ? the track will be herts nitro and i used to race 1/10 tc cars and 1/10 2wd st trucks so am quite smooth with the trigger finger lol i ran the scte with the 411sc and the sct pro esc and i got around 8-9 mins out of my 5300 running a 15 tooth pinion gear and the kit 40 tooth spur gear is that time about normal ?

thanks for any info have a good weekend