• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what servo`s do you recommend running

jetset

I tried a Bluebird 630mg from JE Models for the throttle / brake and its been faultless.

http://www.jemodels.com/petrol-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=8352&category_id=638

I have twin Hitec 805's for steering at the minute which work well enough but have been thinking of changing to a single Savox 0235.

I used to use a rhino digi 4 for steering lasted me years until the 1st gear finally stripped, I ordered some new gears and while fitting them I noticed the circuit board of my rhino is that used by the hitec 57xx as the numbers are printed on the circuit board! I knew hitec bought multiplex a few years back, but my rhino is 8+ years old! so ive now bought a hitec 5765 which is half the price of a rhino yet exactly same servo apart from casing, for throttle im soon gunna be getting a hitec 5645 to replace my mpex power speed, cant go wrong wih hitec servos, been around for years, troed n tested backed up by good support :-)

• Like 1

i used to run hitec 805's really good servo but a bit slow

changed to hitec 5755 and never looked back

use the 5765 in my MCD but they have less torque at 6v than the 5755

they have exactly same torque, they use same gearing & motor, they are basically exactly same servo.. only difference is the 5765 has an updated circuit board that supports 7.4v for lipo etc & is slightly faster:

Hitec 5755 Spec

Hitec 5765 spec

the 5755 has 25kg at 6v

the 5765 has 20kg at 6v or 25kg at 7.4v

My bad i miss read the info, judging by that then (unless your planning to go lipo anytime soon) the 5755 is the better option, only prob is the 5765 has replaced the 5755 but im sure there will still be some knocking about.

So you can buy a lipo rx battery?

Yup, providing the servo you buy supports the voltage (7.4v) ..not 6v.