• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Todays Epic Fail (or what i broke today)

RCMonkee

Typical, throttle on, throttle off. Youngsters rarely understand the whole "variable" throttle idea, bless em. That's why I'm such a mean daddy and never let them drive, they're hopeless. Well, mine are.

Typical, throttle on, throttle off. Youngsters rarely understand the whole "variable" throttle idea, bless em. That's why I'm such a mean daddy and never let them drive, they're hopeless. Well, mine are.

He's usually pretty good. To be fair his instructions were... "Go straight on full throttle so I can get a video of it wheelying/flipping over."

I think the fact it was on loose gravel meant no wheelie and a bit of auto steering :)

• Like 1

I managed to kill my classic Tamiya Falcon. Took it over the local BMX track, just mucking around doing the usual 3/4 speed jumps, then did half a dozen or so full power ones. All was good.

Then one went slightly off track and landed in the long grass with a smack.

Went to pick it up and the entire front end has broken off!!! The chassis has snapped across the centre, All four front arms broken, shock towers and steering knuckle.

Trust me to hit head on into the old cut down contrete marker post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The worst incident I had was being T boned and the batteries being shorted out (back in the days of using nimh and brushed motors) one set of GP4300 matched cells ruined, a Tekin g11 pro ruined, a tuned 27t stock motor endbell needed replacing and the graphite chassis was scorched (still have the car to this day!)

Not how I wanted my final race of the day to go, seeing someone running outside with it, in fear of it exploding!

• 2 months later...

manage to go flat out side my house on my 7e and it understeered and went flat out in to my granddad and broke the steering knuckle,luckily i had one spare and it was for the correct side.

my grandads fine btw thought he broke his foot though

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...