• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the HPI WR8 party, but I got my car on Friday and had my first real outing with it today in my local shopping centre (after everyone had gone home and the place was deserted... OH MY GOD, I love this car !! It is insane !! I'm running it on 3S, with a 15T pinion and I am really impressed with it out of the box. I have some Proline Power Stroke Shocks and camber turnbuckles on order, but this thing is fantastic !   

HPI WR8 Flux 1.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 20:05, Three_Stacks said:

I'm a bit late to the HPI WR8 party, but I got my car on Friday and had my first real outing with it today in my local shopping centre (after everyone had gone home and the place was deserted... OH MY GOD, I love this car !! It is insane !! I'm running it on 3S, with a 15T pinion and I am really impressed with it out of the box. I have some Proline Power Stroke Shocks and camber turnbuckles on order, but this thing is fantastic !  

Hi. Yes it really is a sweet ride. I have actually wanted a WR8 Flux since they were first released, but finally got one 2 weeks ago. The body is growing on me haha. Ill be getting the HPI Subaru body and some different wheels soon. That will be amazing.  This was a photo I took on my first outing with it on a damp carpark. It really does have the power to drift even on 2S. Love it.

IMG_20210410_170938.thumb.jpg.98a321505d8f77d79991abb35e56d446.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, just a shame that everywhere is out of spares! Been waiting on Proline Power Stoke Shocks for over 2 months! 

I'm through my first set of tyres, and have to order the metal braces from a hobby shop in Australia !

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Probably resurrecting an old thread here but does anyone know the definite sizes of the tyre inner foams?

Its the new WR8 Subaru but same as the previous incarnation I believe.

Ideally I need to know the foam dimensions for both the road wheels and the off road wheels please.

Can't seem to find any mention of them on the Hpi website.

Thanks in advance 😁

On 19/03/2022 at 21:36, JonnyUK said:

Probably resurrecting an old thread here but does anyone know the definite sizes of the tyre inner foams?

Ideally I need to know the foam dimensions for both the road wheels and the off road wheels please.

Thanks in advance 😁

I believe they both same outside diameter (85mm if I remember correctly).

And inside for onroad is 2.2inch 

Gravel is 1.9 inside diameter.

5 hours ago, Douge one said:

I believe they both same outside diameter (85mm if I remember correctly).

And inside for onroad is 2.2inch 

Gravel is 1.9 inside diameter.

Thanks buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 21:36, JonnyUK said:

Thanks in advance 😁

For reference, the oem foam dimensions supplied with the 2.2 tarmac tyres is 80mm outer diameter x 35mm wide and 12mm (give or take a millimetre). 

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, tomr said:

Just received mine 🙂 Haven’t had a chance to unbox it properly.

Is there any essential upgrades these need?

Im looking at the the Dusty motors chassis covers 

Thanks 

3349B23C-A015-4D7D-80D5-1A3CE29382FE.thumb.jpeg.7c4973aebd2a6181b176f613d4536a58.jpeg

You'll be very happy with it! I love mine.

First thing to do before run it is to check the motor pinion. Mine wasn't quite in line with the spur and also on the first outing the grub screw worked loose.

Re-align the gears, add good (blue) threadlock to the grub screw and make sure its nipped up well.

Its an amazing thing to drive with the power slides etc.

Oh also fit the tyres suitable to what surface you are driving on, I forgot to take the tarmac tyres with me on an outing and pretty much ruined the off road ones after 2 lipos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyUK said:

You'll be very happy with it! I love mine.

First thing to do before run it is to check the motor pinion. Mine wasn't quite in line with the spur and also on the first outing the grub screw worked loose.

Re-align the gears, add good (blue) threadlock to the grub screw and make sure its nipped up well.

Its an amazing thing to drive with the power slides etc.

Oh also fit the tyres suitable to what surface you are driving on, I forgot to take the tarmac tyres with me on an outing and pretty much ruined the off road ones after 2 lipos. 

Cheers Jonny 👍🏻 I’ll give it a good check over this weekend 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice mate, really nice indeed im not at all jealous, no not one little bit, cant wait to see it on a video 

Cheers mate 🍻 Taking it out tomorrow before the rain sets in, I’ll try and get some decent footage and pics 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 months later...