• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

I'm a little confused, again haha. What shaft size is the vektor? Looking at it, it says 2.3, but pinion choice is 1/3mm? Am I just reading reading and understanding it badly?

Bare with me here.

Managed to get a quick test run with the ESS Pro.

Considering there was some background noise from the M6 you can actually hear it quite well, better than my iPhone picked it up.

Pretty pleased with it.

I'll try and get a better video soon.

Edited by Syncro

I'm a little confused, again haha. What shaft size is the vektor? Looking at it, it says 2.3, but pinion choice is 1/3mm? Am I just reading reading and understanding it badly?

The stock motor shaft is 3mm or .118". If you are using imperial measurements they usually round it up to .125" or 1/8".

Well I've taken the plunge into the unknown haha just ordered a motor from dollarhobbyz so should be here before 11th may, unsure on what pinion to go go for, probably standard 15t? It'll be run on both 2 and 3s as the Mrs wants to play too haha I'm looking forward to building it all back up and having a bash

What happened to your stock motor Stevo?

As much as I like the 3800kv with the 5mm shat I really think the stock 4000kv motor is a perfect match to the chassis on either 2 or 3s.

Now if they offered the 4000kv with a 5mm shaft that would be the bees knees.

Edited by Mgozzz

Winner! My motors just arrived from dollarhobbyz with no extra charges. Looks to have a pinion on it but without looking into it I'd say it's off a savage xs

time to think about some wheels, those look ok that you linked mgozzz but the only problem there is the Mrs see's when I use the card haha

Maybe I got a little too exited too soon...I now realise I'm missing a circular part to the motor mount, of which I can't seem to be sold separately from the kit...

I read somewhere to ditch the standard mod1 15t pinion as it breaks the shaft, my question is, what is mod1? Are all 15t opinions mod1? Hopefully get chance to grab a pinion (when I work them out) and so.e wheels in the next couple of days

Edited by stevo2551

Stevo, Dollar Hobbyz has the whole motor mount and the 15T pinion for $12.99.  I have had no issues with the stock 15T pinion, imho gear mesh from factory was the culprit.  Also the site is offering $20 off of a purchase of $99 or more until midnight CT on April 29, 2015.  

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/hpi-1-8-ken-block-wr8-flux-15t-pinion-gear-motor-mount.html

and $11.50 complete diff:

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/hpi-ken-block-wr8-3-0-nwr8-differential.html

Or another ebay option for the knock off yellow wheels -

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261843092311?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

MOD 1 is the pitch of the gear mesh.  The pinion and the spur gear need to be the same pitch.  

Cheers

Cheers bridge, it'd take too long and I want to go and play this bank holiday weekend haha I have 2 local model shops (both about a hours journey there and back) so I rang and ordered the mount and pinion so I should be picking those up on Saturday, and I've just called in to the other one for a set of wheels to get it rolling. Not bad really, 2 sets of 4 fastrax wheels and tyres for

Edited by stevo2551

got some new parts today, hopefully be able to complete her tonight apart from the shell, but I'm not too mhythered about that for now. The model shop I went in today had the same sets of wheels and tyres (fastrax arrow and neon) at double the price I paid at the other one the t'other day. As is usually the case, it's bloody raining, but I'm hopeful it stops shortly so I can have a quick splash about once I've finished building her up :-)

Edit: just had a quick go on the stteet, nice to drive, but not as fast as I thought It would be lol 2s seems quite leisurely and 3s was faster but still not stupid fast haha running stock 15t pinion but I think another's on the cards next week, any suggestions?

also the servo is a bit juddery sometimes but not always, like it struggles to get back to center, but I can go lock to lock with no judder...

Edited by stevo2551

Mine is up & running. Hope to get a video uploaded soon. Forgotten how quick it was! WR8 I mean......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if they're available, but from what I can gather from reading this thread, the most popular option I think was a traxas 1/16 rally spoiler

Had another go on the street today and I've decided it's quick enough to eat a set of fastrax tyres in one 3s pack, but stock to stock, it's not quite as fast as the trophy buggy flux. She handles well though apart from an iffy servo that doesn't always center lol

Did it do any damage from the barrel roll? I don't think the fastrax arrow road wheels held up very well tbh I only had it out for literally 10mins lol I'd like to try a proper set of wheels but I'm don't think I want to pay the price for them unless they last a lot linger than these one dI'd haha

Did it do any damage from the barrel roll? I don't think the fastrax arrow road wheels held up very well tbh I only had it out for literally 10mins lol I'd like to try a proper set of wheels but I'm don't think I want to pay the price for them unless they last a lot linger than these one dI'd haha

No damage. ESC came unstuck and tyres ballooned but got lots of replacements so not a big deal :)

The cheap WR8 sets off eBay are good.

Just bear in mind you have to glue the tyres yourself.

got them ... Not glued them yet but will certainly test them out

Stevo2551 - my tyre ripped apart by ballooning! Video above! Caused car to flip!

We're they pre-glued or did you do them yourself?

Tyres take a hammering on the WR8 flux, especially if you're using a tarmac tyre on grass- causes excessive wheel spin!

Better to use the excellent hpi gravel tyre (lasts forever off road), or better still a Fastrax pin tread (grass only), which has the advantage of coming on the much stronger dish wheel.

Do bear in mind however, on grass traction rolling will be an issue!

Remember, it's not a proper 'off road' rc- small wheels/low ground clearance!

It will do some off road, but find yourself a nice, relatively flat, dusty/gravel car park/play area- that's when the wr8 REALLY comes into its own! Massive fun :D

And fwiw- a mate of mine has a trophy flux and on road there's nothing in it straight line speed wise- throw in a few turns and it's a different story ;) Horse's for courses (of course)

Edited by J.A.Son