• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10 Schumacher

ericwardle24

An old version of what I believe to be the SST Sport. Bought second hand as rolling chassisDSCN1852.jpg

Specs;

11.1V Lipo 3250mAh

Etrinox Photon V2.0 ESC + Motor 4370kV + Heat sink

Gearing 18/86 - I have others for occasions

DSCN1861.jpg

DSCN1859.jpg

Edited by ericwardle24

Looks good was this the one for sale on here?

Cheers.

That's cool, really like that :)

Thanks a lot. It means a great deal pal.

dat chassis's all over the place :xd:

Dude It will get it re-designed when I replace the rear belt. For now it works. Can't see why it's designed with a kink in the chassis.

what happend to the rear belt

I didn't know what happened till I looked at the belt. It is not aligned properly. When it runs it overlaps one of the motor mounting screws. Slowly starting to fray..plus I can't find a replacement which isn't good news for the car.

Somewhat of an update.

Sorted chassis lay out so I got chance to get out today with it earlier. EPA adjusted :thumbsup:

DSCN1873.jpg

DSCN1872.jpg

Oversteer issue solved - get a nice smooth slide now the rear diff has loosened off a bit.

Next thing rear belt snaps. Rear diff pulley chewed too.

DSCN1875.jpg

Fun day out. Parts list prices aren't as expected though.

Edited by ericwardle24

Somewhat of an update.

Sorted chassis lay out so I got chance to get out today with it earlier.

http://i59.photobuck...ic/DSCN1873.jpg

Different body shell

http://i59.photobuck...ic/DSCN1872.jpg

Oversteer issue solved - get a nice smooth slide now the rear diff has loosened off a bit.

Next thing rear belt snaps. Rear diff pulley chewed too.

http://i59.photobuck...ic/DSCN1875.jpg

Fun day out apart from the parts list prices aren't as expected.

To stop the pulleys going, you need to dremel out a square in the chassis underneath the pulley or use the little plastic cover that the car came with. I personally just use the cover and its been fine now for a year though I did have one go a while ago.

The belt snapping and the pulley going probably had something to do with each other though.

To stop the pulleys going, you need to dremel out a square in the chassis underneath the pulley or use the little plastic cover that the car came with. I personally just use the cover and its been fine now for a year though I did have one go a while ago.

The belt snapping and the pulley going probably had something to do with each other though.

Thank you for the advice. Do you reckon stones could have been the culprit?

was the road you were running it on have stones on it

Erm not noticeably.

I knew the belt had frayed a little before running it.

I guess its just general wear and tear. In all honesty its great for a 2000 year model.

On the plus side still have front wheel drive :yes:

Thank you for the advice. Do you reckon stones could have been the culprit?

Erm not noticeably.

I knew the belt had frayed a little before running it.

I guess its just general wear and tear. In all honesty its great for a 2000 year model.

On the plus side still have front wheel drive :yes:

Yeah most likely. Any surface other than a racetrack will have enough stones on it to do that.

I'm pretty sure what you have there is an SST 98, or at least, is has the 98's top deck.The car was designed with an arrow shaped chassis in an effort to keep the majority of the weight towards the cars center line.

Got a new belt yet? If you still haven't found anywhere to get one, you can get them and all the car's other parts directly from Schumacher's website. :thumbsup:

http://www.racing-cars.com/scp/Old_Cars_and_Parts/SST_98.html

I'm pretty sure what you have there is an SST 98, or at least, is has the 98's top deck.The car was designed with an arrow shaped chassis in an effort to keep the majority of the weight towards the cars center line.

Got a new belt yet? If you still haven't found anywhere to get one, you can get them and all the car's other parts directly from Schumacher's website. :thumbsup:

http://www.racing-ca...rts/SST_98.html

I have been in search for that answer since I first bought it cheers.

I can't get hold of the rear diff pulley I can get a belt though. The pulley has been obsolete for 5 year now. Nobody stocks them within the UK. Rang Schumacher they advised me to check ebay until something pops up :whistling: until then perhaps I might look at a replacement chassis something that has parts readily available.

At the moment the car is front wheel drive without a belt for the rear diff there isn't a reverse not to mention the torque steer. Perhaps another diff would fit?

Eric