• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Waterproof Car buying advice needed

nohawk

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a "waterproof" car as a winter Basher. as far as i can see only HPI make waterproof cars (Please correct me if im wrong)

if prefer to buy an already waterproofed car then waterproofing my own car.

should i go for the Blitz ( http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-blitz-short-course-truck-2.4ghz-black-/rc-car-products/40096 ) or the E-firestorm ( http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-e-firestorm-flux-rtr-2.4ghz/rc-car-products/39664 )?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nohawk

im guessing 4wd is better for running in the wet?

looks like im going to have to save some more money to buy this!

it also looks like the 4x4 slash is out of stock does anyone know whether this is due to popularity or because they might be bringing out a new model soon?

im looking at http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-slash-4x4-tqi-mike-jenkins-/rc-car-products/368843 - guessing that the right one to be looking at?

thanks

Slash 4x4 , better than a firestorm or blitz mate and very fast for your first car .

They have just come out with a lcg (LowCenterGravity ) version but imo the other is prolly best for you .

Go for the ultimate as it starts you off will a nice set of upgrades :D

Check my thread also dude .

is the HPI savage Flux waterproof..? mines coming in 2 days..

Pre-Assembled 4WD electric powered mini monster truck with 2.4GHz radio system, FLUX VEKTOR 4000Kv brushless motor, FLUX VAPOR PRO waterproof electronic speed control, SF-10W waterproof servo, and painted GT-2XS body. Battery and charger not included

thats whats written on the modelsport site.

how about the blitz flux, its cheaper than the 4x4?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-blitz-flux-rtr-eu/rc-car-products/371979

Pre-Assembled 4WD electric powered mini monster truck with 2.4GHz radio system, FLUX VEKTOR 4000Kv brushless motor, FLUX VAPOR PRO waterproof electronic speed control, SF-10W waterproof servo, and painted GT-2XS body. Battery and charger not included

thats whats written on the modelsport site.

how about the blitz flux, its cheaper than the 4x4?

http://www.modelspor...products/371979

Nope , I break my storm (same parts as the blitz , just different length and bumpers tyres n body ) every outing .

4wd is the best still mate .

Nope , I break my storm (same parts as the blitz , just different length and bumpers tyres n body ) every outing .

4wd is the best still mate .

Couldn't disagree more.

Had my Blitz for 3 years now, it's been bashed crashed and driven into walls, jumped bumped and banged.

In those 3 years of extreme abuse i've not had 1 single failure, nothing.

The stock motor and Esc in the old Blitz is rubbish, the diff leaks and needs new O-rings and the steering is great for beginners but a bit poor for experienced drivers.

Other than that it's faultless and it gives my mates slash 4x4 a run for it's money on a regular basis.

The Slash 4x4 is also a great basher, but you shouldn't comment on things you know absolutely nothing about or have any experience with.

Couldn't disagree more.

Had my Blitz for 3 years now, it's been bashed crashed and driven into walls, jumped bumped and banged.

In those 3 years of extreme abuse i've not had 1 single failure, nothing.

The stock motor and Esc in the old Blitz is rubbish, the diff leaks and needs new O-rings and the steering is great for beginners but a bit poor for experienced drivers.

Other than that it's faultless and it gives my mates slash 4x4 a run for it's money on a regular basis.

The Slash 4x4 is also a great basher, but you shouldn't comment on things you know absolutely nothing about or have any experience with.

Each to his own .

You cheeky sod , I do know what i'm on about , The local track has 3 blitz and they always stop/break / malfunction before the slash . I have broke 1 body mount on my slash and that is all . The storm i have spent 300 on spares for and have the majority of part bags to prove it .

One of there blitz keeps breaking dogbone pins and the other broke the idler tranny gear .

Look mate , I'm not trying to start the age old hpi/traxxas argument but the bold area is out of line .

• Like 3

Each to his own .

You cheeky sod , I do know what i'm on about , The local track has 3 blitz and they always stop/break / malfunction before the slash . I have broke 1 body mount on my slash and that is all . The storm i have spent 300 on spares for and have the majority of part bags to prove it .

One of there blitz keeps breaking dogbone pins and the other broke the idler tranny gear .

Look mate , I'm not trying to start the age old hpi/traxxas argument but the bold area is out of line .

everyone is allowed their own opinions. i have have mixed views on the firestorm and blitz, i have owned 3 firestorms and 1 blitz, my original firestorm was nukeproof (the old brushless one) however the two new ones i had (waterproof brushless) did have issues one blew its diff and gearbox for fun and the other had the bulkhead crack regularly. the blitz was fine stock but since moving brushless has been nothing but issues with slipper pads and the gearbox. and yes i do know what i am on about

• Like 1

everyone is allowed their own opinions. i have have mixed views on the firestorm and blitz, i have owned 3 firestorms and 1 blitz, my original firestorm was nukeproof (the old brushless one) however the two new ones i had (waterproof brushless) did have issues one blew its diff and gearbox for fun and the other had the bulkhead crack regularly. the blitz was fine stock but since moving brushless has been nothing but issues with slipper pads and the gearbox. and yes i do know what i am on about

THANKYOU :thumbsup:

now im more confused about what to get! lol

the slash 4x4 is an immense bit of kit, i don't like traxxas cars (imho) however my mate dave can destroy anything, and i mean anything however his slash is always the last car running. and i would guess the cheaper 2wd version is the same