• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Toughest RTR?, Poll now added everyone please vote.

DazzaClio

Toughest RTR.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Vote which you think is the toughest.

• Hyper 7 / 8
    • Slash 4x4
    • Firestorm / Blitz
    • Hong Nor X1X Cr
    • Losi 8ight
    • Savage
    • Savage Xs
    • Vorza

lol

OK MLST2 spec Raminator!! It is tough - but too slow to really break anyway! LOL!

Don't like it any less than the others.

Al.

my shelf queen, not broke 1 thing as yet! :P

Is that the wife? !!

Al.

Just messing Daz!!

Nobody could accuse you of being a Keith!!

Al.

Can't believe no one said Vorza, it's got to be a good contender for toughest rtr. The only two out of that list I havnt owned is the slash and 8, had everything else and the Vorza beats most of them hands down :D

Vorza added ;).

You need to remove X2. The X2 CR never came as a RTR, only a kit.

Yeah sorry I forgot we was talking about Rtr's I've edited it now :).

Keep the votes coming.

Thanks.

Poll results say it all!

Bashed the snot out of mine Saturday (+ some pretty poor driving!), damage? 2x spoiler screws fell out because I didn't thread lock them :)

I wish my childhood Tamiya days(late 80's early 90's) were this frustration free!

I must be an incredible tough basher lol I destroyed a hyper 7 and 2 hong nors in less than one pack, lol both hong nors were supposedly bullet proof ha ha

As for the revo lol same as the emaxx, it's chassis will snap. It looks great but Traxxas do not make tough rtr cars, I'd remove all Traxxas from the list. The Vorza is the clear winner for me :D

I must be an incredible tough basher lol I destroyed a hyper 7 and 2 hong nors in less than one pack, lol both hong nors were supposedly bullet proof ha ha

As for the revo lol same as the emaxx, it's chassis will snap. It looks great but Traxxas do not make tough rtr cars, I'd remove all Traxxas from the list. The Vorza is the clear winner for me :D

What did you break on the Hyper and Hong Nors?

I must say on my Hyper from standard ive broke:

Suspension shafts and e-clips (Snapped the shafts and bent the clips)

Wing mount (Bent and twisted)

Rear shock tower (Bent all different ways lol)

Wing stay holder (Split the plastic where the bolt goes through for the wing mount and bent the bolt)

Rear gear box case (broke the top bits off where the wing mount screws into it)

I think thats it atm must say I have been bashing it hard though.

Thanks.

Been bashing my firestorm for over two years now and all I've needed to replace are clutch springs!

Solid piece of kit, maybe there aren't many hop ups for it cos you don't actually need them?!

Hong nor x1cr I destroyed the front end completely lol. Bust the diff housing, chassis brace, front shock tower and a few other bits of a hard front end landing, my Vorza took several of the same landings and broke nothing.

My other hong nor is in the sale section somewhere, snapped an a arm, bent a cvd and snapped the side guard first go.

Am I correct in assuming that the Mad Bull kit uses the same components as the RTR version??? Have been considering putting it on the short-list of choices for my next RC. Tis currently a very short list of one, namely the Plazma Edge/Gravel Hound. 4x4 would seem like a natural progression from my Holiday Buggy but the Mad Bull looks fun.

OK MLST2 spec Raminator!! It is tough - but too slow to really break anyway! LOL!

Don't like it any less than the others.

Al.

Is that the wife? !!

Al.

Just messing Daz!!

Nobody could accuse you of being a Keith!!

Al.

lolz :D

cant wait to get mine owt & dirty again! ..almost finished my sons MT now too \o/

there should be 2 polls imo!

1 for crawlers & 1 for bashing & racing etc

Cant really compare a basher to a crawler in terms of strength simply because an RC used for bashing & racing takes alot more impact/abuse than a crawler.

If i had an LST & used it purely for slow speed crawling chances of breaking anything would be very slim & vice versa, if i used an axial scx10 & wound it up then started doing 10-20ft jumps & backflips going 30-40mph+, chances are it wouldn't last too long!

like i say, 2 completely different types of models with different applications! :)

there should be 2 polls imo!

1 for crawlers & 1 for bashing & racing etc

Cant really compare a basher to a crawler in terms of strength simply because an RC used for bashing & racing takes alot more impact/abuse than a crawler.

If i had an LST & used it purely for slow speed crawling chances of breaking anything would be very slim & vice versa, if i used an axial scx10 & wound it up then started doing 10-20ft jumps & backflips going 30-40mph+, chances are it wouldn't last too long!

like i say, 2 completely different types of models with different applications! :)

i take it you haven`t seen a scx10 based foffer with a brushless in it or witnessed one falling 10ft off rocks then??

I love my SCX10, but I don't think for a minute it would take the sort of abuse a Hyper 7 does if you stuck a brushless setup in it. I broke a Y-link on mine by simply rolling a few feet down a hill. I don't think it would take this kind of abuse and come back begging for more:

SCX10s are great, and they are very tough for what they are, but no way would one take the kind of extreme bashing a Hyper or Hong Nor can lap up.

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

i take it you haven`t seen a scx10 based foffer with a brushless in it or witnessed one falling 10ft off rocks then??

nah i aint but rtr out the box they aint designed as a basher/racer, maybe im wrong but i would put my money down on a hyper/LST/savage coming through on top over a scx10 if bashing. Ive seen hypers/LST's & my mates savage in action doing rediculously big air & hard bashing & coming out the other end unscaved though.

tried looking on utube for any vids of one doing hard bashing with big air but no joy.

& this..

I love my SCX10, but I don't think for a minute it would take the sort of abuse a Hyper 7 does if you stuck a brushless setup in it. I broke a Y-link on mine by simply rolling a few feet down a hill. I don't think it would take this kind of abuse and come back begging for more:

SCX10s are great, and they are very tough for what they are, but no way would one take the kind of extreme bashing a Hyper or Hong Nor can lap up.

like i say, 2 completely different types of models designed for different types of use so its impossible to say which is toughest RTR, its like comparing an on-road tourer Vs a tank & asking which is better at speed ^^

i have a full alloy FG MB Pro, i know if it just rolled down a hill it will prob come out the other end (except for a damaged shell) ..ive done many rolls with it down steep hills & its been fine, but i know for a fact if i tried bashing it like a 1/8 buggy it will get damaged so you cant judge how strong an RC is just by rolling it, the roll cage takes 99% of the impact. To me toughest is down to how well it holds up landing off big air, bad crashes & hardcore bashing so to speak ^^ etc :)

Edited by rctruckz

Innuendos aside, I know how to settle the issue. Give me an example of each RC in the list and the one that's still unbroken after a month is the toughest. Am willing to give my time for free. :)