• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Early April fools ?

Peacocks1981

I'd be impressed if it was a joke; they've been talking about a petrol version for years, they even released a lot of info & pictures at the last big r/c model expo- the release date is just bad timing I figure...

Edited by suicideneil

The petrol savage has been in the works for quite some time, will have to see one of those little engines in person before I make my mind up on it though.

As for the date, it is quite funny! But it's not the first time a new release has come out 1st of April.

Really interested in this engine but like its been mentioned before they've been bring this engine out since last year sometime......

Luv to get my hands on one, so might start saving anyway and live in hope that it would will appear on april fools day!!

well there has been big production issues with this motor mainly due to its size trying to squeeze the 2 stroke engine in the same place as a big block nitro even the sample cars in the usa where just mockups only and no one has had or seen them running, ive even heard of supply issues from china and the parts not comming up to spec but thats to be expected as it always goes to the lowest bidder, think its a case of their trying to up scale a design rather than scale it down from a tried and tested engine

hobbyking have had 15cc 2 strokes on the market for 2 years or so but there a tad bigger than a nitro lump

Edited by flash22

Nitro lumps are 2-strokes ;)

:sweatdrop: yes but different, have no piston ring,coil nor spark plug an run without 2T oil

Edited by R46

:sweatdrop: yes but different, have no piston ring,coil nor spark plug an run without 2T oil

I'm well aware of that, just a pet hate of mine when people refer to petrols simply as 'two strokes' in the context of comparing them to nitros, when they are both two-stroke engines ;)

two strokes are usually petrol, nitros are more like a diesel engines using compression to ignite the fuel, they are all internal combustion engines, two stroke simply refers to the combustion cycle

typically a rc car engine is a 2 stroke be it petrol or nitro or even diesel, pet hate of mine when people call a nitro engine, petrol................. Anyway i digress

likelyhood of the hpi releasing the 15cc petrol is going to be slim to none imho if it does come out it will either be a major hit or the biggest flop hpi has ever had, either way the yanks will get it first

edit. the subject of this topic is the new hpi petrol engine/car so 2 stroke in this context is refering to a petrol engine

Two stroke simply refers to the combustion cycle

Exactly my point, two-stroke is two-stroke, be it nitro or petrol. They are both two-stroke engines, simple as that ;)

Edited by DreXeL