• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1st Impression on Nano-tech's

Scott34

right, first off i'll start by saying, so far, so good, but........ i dont think they're as good as plazma's.

these http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-plazma-7.4v-5300mah-30c-lipo-rectangular-case-stick-pack-re-chargeable-battery-deans-plug-jst-xh-balance-lead/rc-car-products/34108 v's these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21937__Turnigy_nano_tech_5800mah_2S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_TRA2843_Slash_Rustler_Bandit_Stampede_compatible_.html

now firstly, the punch power, the nano's, 40c- 80c ; plazma's, 30c ; my opinion the plazma has noticeably more punch power

second, the run time , the nano's, 5800mah ; plazma's 5300mah ; my opinion the plazma seems to run, on average, longer than the nano's

and third, after running the nano's feel quite warm

fourth, don't know if this matters but when fully charged the plazmas max voltage 4.22 and the nano's 4.20

so, my conclusion is, the plazma is a far superior battery. i know it's a bit dearer, alot dearer but, my next batteries will be plzma's :thumbsup:

i thought they were decent spec. i didn't see much with higher spec than what i got.

for the price tho, nano's seem to be a good battery(only run them a few times so far so cant comment how they stand upto a lot of runs, let you know in a day or 2 :thumbsup: ). but, like i said before, although they're alot dearer, i think i'll get plazma's again next time :yes:

oh, plazmas, as you already probably know :thumbsup: , are hard case too

me too 'goldblades', plazmas seem to be a great battery. and for the price, nano's are too. i just wish i got more plazma's now. oh well, they're not crap batteries and i'll have to get more plazmas in the new year = more run time :thumbsup:

i know that they should be a better battery at 40 odd quid more, just its the first rc and first batteries and i was told that nano's are the battery to get and plazmas are, in a word, not so good. think i was waiting so long for them to get here and to get the deans on, i was expecting them to be as good.

not moaning about the nano's tho, just to be clear, :thumbsup: , just saying that plazmas for me :yes:

Another thing widely noted, nanos drop off on capacity very early, something like 20 cycles and it can be noticeable. Let us know your findings on that too.

Another thing widely noted, nanos drop off on capacity very early, something like 20 cycles and it can be noticeable. Let us know your findings on that too.

will do :thumbsup: . so far, so good. 2x 2s packs are charging to what it says on the label and the 3s's are too

My Nano's aren't notably any worse than my Losi cells - and the Losi's used to be a team drivers set!

Actually thats not true - at first I found the Nano's disappointing but they improved after a few uses. I prefer the Losi's in my car because they are a little heavier and balance it better but the Nano's with weights on would be as good.

I've changed from 25C 3S 'Unknown' LiPos from Kershaw, which performed reasonably well, to 65/130C 5Ah 3S Nanotech's, and the Mamba Monster's tripping out!

Speed difference is very obvious - miles better battery - SO FAR.

As you say, it's early days.

Anyone any experience with the 'true 100C' MaxAmps batteries?

Al.

I'm curious how you've been breaking in the Nano techs, and how many cycles the Plazmas already have; simply running new lipos like normal ( full tilt boogie... ) is not how you get the best from them, you have to take it easy for a few runs ( heck, some guys say take it easy for a dozen runs ) and you will notice the punch and capacity improve.

Also, lipos charging up to 4.22v per cell isn't actually a good thing... ;)

• Like 1

I adore my nanotech 2s saddle pack cells. Seem to offer just as much punch off the line as anyone else using losi/vampire/hpi cells in 1/10 buggies on the track. And being strong for a year now, 4 charges a week for the last 52 weeks, which is 208 cycles, and still great cells.