• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

Bolt that holds upper shock bracket is long enough for the rod end to fasten to the top of it.

John

408_ED9_AC-1811-4_E5_F-9_EBB-8555_AD5957

I did this same thing. Those shocks look nice!:wub:

2 hours ago, bertberr said:

I can't decide if to go with the ali body mounts, yes the placcy ones are weak, but do the ali ones just make a broken chassis (around the mounts) more likely?  Suppose you could beef up the chassis around the mounts first...  I was thinking of going with either that shapeways bracket instead of the 5th shock, or even just drilling a couple of holes and cable tying it.  Food for thought. 

My chassis broke at one of the rear mounts (metal) It snapped right off but this was only after a HUGE and fast jump, landing on the rear corner of the roof.

A plastic mount would've broken instead I'm sure, as I think they're intentionally weak to save the chassis on occasions like these. The trouble is they only last a month or so in normal use :rolleyes:

Just now, johninderby said:

And they will go so nicely with the body colour.  :whistling:

John

I'm looking forward to this. Green is my favourite colour :)

John, did you take any photos of your 5th shock fitting?

I did it on mine and had to fit the thing upside down and swap the spring for a stronger one to make it wheelie.

Thanks for that John. I used a 95mm shock, perhaps it was too long, I hadn't thought about shock lengths in any detail :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, AndySeven said:

Where are these hex adapters available?

Here you go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-53913-The-Frog-2005-Aluminum-Wheel-Adapter-Grasshopper-Hornet-FAV-NIP/382087276308?hash=item58f62d2714:g:l4gAAOSw3ydVrMG3

For some reason they are listed as for the Frog, Hornet and Grasshopper. No mention of the Lunchbox or Pumpkin but they do fit.

John

Some useful hints / tips there guys, thanks. Looking forward to building mine, but there's another Hyper 7 in bits all over the table at present (it's the same one if she asks!), so lunchie build will have to join the queue.

New years resolution - stop buying Hyper buggies...

• Haha 1

Plasticote Flourescent Green with a couple of coats of satin clear on top. Colour changes a lot depending on how the light hits it and how bright it is. No problem spotting it on a cloudy day.  :yes:

Lights off the Mauler fitted and even the Mauler led retaining clips  fitted the Tamiya light buckets. 

John

Edited by johninderby

23 minutes ago, MissT said:

Really nice John :first:

Thanks.  :yes:

Too nice to bash so have one of these, and the windows and chrome, for bashing duty on the way. Won’t be painted. Just left black. For some reason the black bodies are cheaper than the white.

Would have liked the Parma lexan shell but at 60 quid delivered well...... :insane:

John

1_BDA9293-8918-4_DBB-_B52_B-336_F57_C55_

Edited by johninderby

Exactly. For £60 you can have 2 plastic shells with the chrome parts too :rolleyes:

Are the black shells the same material as the white?

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Just the same plastic.

Couldn’t resist ordering another decal sheet for the black body.  :yes:

C1_C269_AC-_B013-46_AD-91_B1-0708_B4_FA6

I got the black body cheap too painted it sky blue for the mystery machine 

where did you get decals from

thinking about getting a lunchbox kit

dont know if the get normal kit or the black special edition but it about £15 dearer

neil