• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

39 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Yeah, time for a change to an E63S then!

There's always the RS6 if you need a bigger boot, to carry the RC's around in .....

Joking!

Boot's big enough on the M5!!

Al.

I had a short list of the RS7/6, GTR, M5... decided I'm too old for a GTR, the RS7 just has nothing about it, the M5 won hands down!  I've gone for the stock mod look, as in the mods are all really subtle, but differentiate from standard car.  If you park mine next to a standard M5 now it really has a very different look... but I hope it's subtle, well as subtle as a 650bhp car can be! :D 

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I noticed the wheel-arch flares and non-standard (optional) wheels.

650 bhp - that wick's turned up a bit - bet your tyres and clutch love you!!

Al.

Revised down pipes, adjustable springs and spring seats, 10mm per corner extra offset through some MUCH lighter BC forged alloys, driver exhaust valve control, carbon M exhaust tips

1 hour ago, Noj said:

650bhp, RWD and icy roads.....mwah ha ha ha ha!

My beemer may only have 170bhp, still entertaining this morning with the DSC still turned on! :lol:

I usually run it in MDM (all the time) too Jon, so it's quite lively but ultimately quite predictable as it's 2wd, not one wheel drive as you'll have with your open diff, which is always interesting! :) 

On 29/12/2016 at 12:44, Carpmart said:

Cheeky one of my M5 looking less than pristine!  

IMG_0287.JPG

Mrs Step dads got a blue 62 plate one. It's only had software and down pipes I believe so not gonna be 650bhp, Ive only driven it in the 'frost' and it was wild! Completely sold me on it one I drove it. I hated the initial idea of dropping 2 cylinders and adding two turbos from the E60, but it just works. Really wanted to hate it compared to the V10. However  He came from a petrol Range Sport and he said the running costs for the M5 however are 'eye watering' haha. 

Plus one one in the Michelin Pilot `Super Sports. Run em on my diesel scirocco (not too bad for 235/35/19s all round, £700 all in) and I can tell they're awesome. Had the Cup 3S on my Type R, they were unbelievable in the dry!

Edited by Guns

5 hours ago, Daveyb84 said:

love that zetec s @ChrisT nice to see a standard, looked after one

Thanks. It has been looked after. FFSH upto 2009 and serviced by myself onwards using only genuine Ford parts.

In 2004 it has a full exterior respray due to a misfortune and never seen a sponge since, only microfibres and regularly polished and waxed.

The only mods is a blue Samco induction hose, which just looks nice and a K&N replacement element filter, which sits inside the standard airbox  un-noticed and has a life span of 100k and only needs re-oiling every 50k.

5 hours ago, Noj said:

Lovely condition for the age....so many rusted away and fell into the 'wrong' hands. A future classic, perhaps? 

Could be a classic, probably sometime away from that yet. There used to be quite a few about but rightly so put into the wrong hands. Now it seems they are far and few between.

I've got a little rust blistering on one of the wheel arches so maybe the rest just rotted away. That's Ford for you.

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2016 at 11:32, (-:AD:-) said:

Hoping to be back on the road for march/april after it being in a shed for a few years!

Also got an astra 1.7cdti ecoflex as a daily.

received_579831958856611.jpeg

Great car Ant.... I had the orange hatchback model a lot of years ago... Your one must be the last remaining!!!! :P

Edited by HomerSimpson
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 15:20, Carpmart said:

@(-:AD:-) can we get an update on your chuvittt please?  :good:

Had it first start up today since re fitting the tank and a few other bits.

Running well!

Just waiting on some lowering springs and to get the front calipers back from being refurbed and then the interior will be put in and it will be Mot'ed. 

First major run will be easter weekend if the weather is okay!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Finally got 40 k miles on my DERV Civic - bought new in 2007!!

St.%20Helens-20170326-01102_zps5wttjcwu.

St.%20Helens-20170328-01103%201_zpsrfriv

It's had it's moments, but I'm still sort-of attached to it!!

Al.

It's still running in!

Must admit I have moments when I drive it like I did my 205 GTi 25 years ago - Miss Daisy wouldn't come near!!

I hope you're right. Negatives are the chocolate clutch and chocolate paint - chips too easily. There's a way around the former :ssh:

Al.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 14:25, atom3624 said:

Finally got 40 k miles on my DERV Civic - bought new in 2007!!

St.%20Helens-20170328-01103%201_zpsrfriv

It's had it's moments, but I'm still sort-of attached to it!!

Al.

Still loving mine! I'm running it into the ground now, no resale left after fixing it up - clutch/ fog light/ front bumper/ air con comp/ rear bumper/ rear door/ wheels etc etc....

Bit younger than yours (10 plate) but has done a bit more distance.:D I bought it with 10k on the clock, 1yr old, direct from honda. 110k in 7 years, not bad! :good:Since I got it, I think it's done 6 countries and a fair few HARD miles.

Don't want to get rid til it dies on me, I feel that's still some way off tho!! Would love to see 200k on the clock.

DSC_0363.jpg

• Like 1

Clutch is being a bit weird tbh, slips occasionally when changing, sometimes if u boot it anywhere in the revs and sometimes over 125mph when tested (on a track :whistling:). Went about 100 miles in it on Monday, mainly motorway, no slipping at all. Couple of traffic light races as well and went thru the gears cleanly. Its not going like a usual clutch does so I'm holding back on spending 600 quid for replacement for now. Its been the same for months and not getting any worse but will probably sort it soon.

Other than that and the air con, never caused me any issues at all. Front tyres dont last long and wish the traction control could be turned off perm but love the noisy old girl.

43 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Great stuff.

Don't flog it in low revs and the clutch will last longer - probably know that now!!

Go for the moon!! 250k miles - why not? !!

Al.

I'm about 13k off 200k in my M reg Carina. Will see 250k for certain.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2016 at 13:04, ChrisT said:

Some really nice cars in here :wub:

Heres mine. Purchased 1 year old from a Ford dealer (51 plate) and I've still got it 13 yrs later. Just hit 83k.

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%2010_zpsjyyl

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%202_zpsefo9w

Absolute stunner of a ZS, I really wanted one back when I was 17... ended up with a MK6 St150 at 24 as I can finally afford one :lol:

17155815_10155045293499134_2908871901018

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 1