• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Baja 5B Flux RTR

onroad_mania

lrp000518_2.jpg

Translated :

Great fun Baja model with massive Flux Power! The HPI Baja 5B is another major model in 2012! This extremely powerfuland fast buggy can reach speeds of up to 100km / h with 8S LiPo power and a 780kV motor.

The Baja 1/5th scale operated by a Castle Creations Mamba XL2 controller and a 2028-780Kv Brushless Motor - this combo is capable 8S LiPo (29.6 volts)! With this powerful system and 8S LiPo batteries are in control of almost 10hp for incredible speeds and driving experiences! The Baja 5B Flux is equipped with all the latest tuning parts, including driving parts of the Baja 5SC, adjustable VVC / HD shocks, 2.4 GHz wireless remote control system and a high-torque model large steering servo with metal gears. To complete the package, we have the new Baja 5B missed a Flux-specific body, which boasts aerodynamic lines on both sides, because this electric model makes do without petrol cap on the left side. Castle Creations Mamba XL2 ESC To match the speeds of the handle Castle Creations 2028-780kV motor and the size and weight of the Baja 5B to Flux, the Castle Mamba XL2 has developed speed controller that supports up to 8S LiPo batteries (that's 29.6 volts!) can control. A big fan provides in this immense power for the necessary cooling. Castle Creations 2028-780kV motor Today if you want to be fast on the road, you need brushless. If you want to reach incredible speeds, you need the Castle Creations 2028 motor! This massive engine delivers pure 780kV power - that is the multiple of the torque of the motors that are used in our Sprint 2 Flux models! It takes a powerful motor to control 10Kilo through mud and sand and this is the perfect engine for this job! With extra-thick cables, gold-plated plugs and fins -. Fits perfectly with the 2028 Baja 5B FluxLarge Akkubox The Flux 5B is equipped with a large battery box that can be easily and simply open and close without tools. Two Hard Case 4S LiPo packs or 8S LiPo pack can easily find space in this box. LiPos will appear shortly from us that are perfectly sized for the Baja 5B Flux. Super Heavy Duty Parts The popularity of the Baja models is constantly increasing and the owners have increasingly higher performance requirements. Because of this development, we have the Baja 5B Flux equipped with all-new SUPER Heavy Duty engine parts, which can be charged even more and make the drive much more durable!

Features: - Pre-assembled Ofroad 1:5 Buggy

- Based on the Baja 5B Buggy

- Castle Creations Mamba XL2 ESC

- Castle Creations 2820-780KV motor

- 6S and 8S LiPo compatible - New body design and decor

- TF-20 2.4GHz radio control system with failsafe

- Adjustable motor position on the use of different Pinion

- Powerful & waterproof SFL-11MG steering servo Metal Gear

- Adjustable VVC / HD shocks - monocoque chassis - much droop

- Oil Filled Viscous Torque Differential

- all-terrain wheels tires and beadlock

- aluminum shock towers front and rear

- skid plates made ??of hard plastic

- Adjustable Rear Wing

- Quick access to all critical maintenance areas

- two-arm steering

- Cam-type servo saver

- Complete with Allen

- Anodised in gunmetal

- rubber-sealed ball bearings Full Set

Dimensions:

Length: 900mm,

Width: 460mm,

Wheelbase: 570mm,

weight: 9.7 kg

Code H107685 HPI Baja 5B Flux RTR (1/5 Electric Desert Buggy)

lrp000518_3.jpg

lrp000518_4.jpg

lrp000518_5.jpg

lrp000518_6.jpg

Source : Rc-car-news.de

On 8s it's fast, very fast. HPI claim around 60 mph! Mine is usually only run on 6s, GPS'd at 38 mph, so 60 is possible. Trouble with 1/5 is they don't look like they're going particularly fast, but they actually are!

• Like 1

Wonder will mine will do on 10s :sweatdrop:

Not a bad shell either for it being stock! HPI are slowly creeping away from this orange and purple malarky and bringing out some nice neutral colour models that look quite nice.

They could do with updating the standard tyre though, they are proper pants.

Edited by Highlander

I was even more shocked at MS offering 25c 5000mah Batterys with it in the Combo deal!, The motor pulls 200 odd Amps!

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-baja-5b-flux/rc-car-categories/18/9900/990010&ChassisID=971

Edited by Highlander

Having seen Admiral's Baja in it's early days and Joe's one at NLB's they are both pretty quick. Performance is on a par with a ported 29cc

you can make both sorts go faster, but that's all down to how deep your pockets are :)

The question I would like to see answered is whether one of the 'official' brushless Baja's is faster than a conversion.

• Like 1

Having seen Admiral's Baja in it's early days and Joe's one at NLB's they are both pretty quick. Performance is on a par with a ported 29cc

you can make both sorts go faster, but that's all down to how deep your pockets are :)

The question I would like to see answered is whether one of the 'official' brushless Baja's is faster than a conversion.

Buy one and we can find out!

The Deans (in theory) should've been thoroughly tested by HPI? I can't believe they'd fit them without first proving they're fit for purpose. I run mine on 5.5 mm bullets, more than ample for the job and a doddle to solder. Also, most of my large Turnigy and Zippy packs come with 5.5s.

As for the XL2, yeah it's had its teething issues, but a lot of people run them with no issues. And we know you can't beat the CC warranty.

As for the original question, go BL or go home!

I was even more shocked at MS offering 25c 5000mah Batterys with it in the Combo deal!, The motor pulls 200 odd Amps!

http://www.modelspor...0&ChassisID=971

Not only that but suggesting a twin pack adaptor with 14awg wire? My Savage XS has 12awg, and my Overlander 3900mah 3S also has 12awg. This beast should be 10awg minimum but ideally 8awg.

• Like 1

i wanna convert my badger to electric, its just finding a speedo compatible of up-to 10s without destroying my wallet

I can honestly say 8s is more than enough, 7 is great, 6 is just fine. 10 would be way too much, primarily because of the 2wd.

If you do it, VID IT!

I can honestly say 8s is more than enough, 7 is great, 6 is just fine. 10 would be way too much, primarily because of the 2wd.

If you do it, VID IT!

People say the standard Engines are more than enough (23,26,29cc) but it never stops people going balls out with modfied motors :sweatdrop:

Edited by Highlander

People say the standard Engines are more than enough (23,26,29cc) but it never stops people going balls out with modfied motors :sweatdrop:

You missed out a few, I'm no expert, but 30,32,50 and 62? Yup, that's definitely tackle out territory. Lol.

The Deans (in theory) should've been thoroughly tested by HPI? I can't believe they'd fit them without first proving they're fit for purpose.

in the same way they checked the vapour esc could actually handle 3s without smoking, i love hpi products but do wonder if they rush things lol