• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High end touring car setup thread

ratman

I think I forgot to say I've now tried the Blitz TSX and had a quick go with the new Mazda.

New Mazda I only used for 1 run because it added a little entry steering but made the back end quite unstable.  Perhaps with some chassis tuning it could work.

The Blitz TSX is a real car changer.  It adds a lot to entry and mid steering but the back end isn't too unstable.  Well worth experimenting with this one and setting up around it a little.  Very impressed!

To stop the motor slipping in the T4 sand some washers to go behind the motor screws.  The extra grip will stop the motor moving.

I got a Bitty Design Striker the other week. Not bothered painting it yet because it was awful as soon as I cut it out. The sides sprung out about an inch each side and it looks ridiculous.

Really disappointed because I had high hopes for the bitty design shells. Will get the Nardo soon and see if it restores my faith in the brand.

• 3 weeks later...

Durango I'm already hearing mixed reports.  Something to do with lack of quality to keep price down???  Not sure on the full details, not seen one yet.

Loving the Nardo, really much stronger than I thought it would be since I don't normally use light weight.  Handling from it is superb, just makes me smile to drive it apart from anything else!

• Like 1

yea hobao is very cheap n seems to be rather good as you can testify ratman

the durango, meh all hype to be honest.

NOW what is exciting ..is what Hara is going to make with speedmaster, weather his touring car will be SworkZ branded or otherwise time will tell but at least its a 100% fresh now car joining the fray! 

I think speedmaster will do a tc.hooefully it wont just be a bd7 copy and will be something different. at present hara is with sworkz for off road and has signed another contract with yokomo to run there tc.

He is running the yokomo TC just for the ETS as it was an easy ride in, same with robert batlle

hara will as you said run sworkz off road and if sworkz do a on road division then fine, if not it will be whatever other name speedmaster want to use 

evo chassis arrived on thu, finished saturday morning, ready to race on sunday, never good putting your car on the carpet and making sure it goes strait before getting to the grid.

managed to qualify 1st in the b for 17.5 blinky on a big track, missed the A by 0.65s, but considering its 1st outing, id say thats not too bad seeing as i am beating people that i usually get thrashed by aint bad, once the diff had gotten smoother on the 2nd qualifier, i could really see its potential.

a lot of people came and had a look at the car, should have charged them!

Edited by samshirley001

Nice one!  Let's have some pics =]  How was the build?

I'm still waiting on mine, I'm being a good and patient team driver for them but it's not much good if you now want tips on it from me....  Really hoping mine gets posted this week, I got the alloy chassis and some RC bling ready to rock out an Awesom(atix) build ;)

Rite everyone. How do you all measure ur droop! I used to measure it which the car on setuo board and slide the ride height gauge under the outer hinge pin. This was fine on the tamiya but on the haribo if i set the droop to 5.5 front 5 rear it alters my ride height :(