• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bb guns/ airsoft and the law

forbs

You only need a license for replica bb guns and replica asin if it's all black lol you can get any other bb gun like the orange ones without a license and paint it :) have no idea how to get bb License though

Edited by x-baja man-x

You only need a license for replica bb guns and replica asin if it's all black lol you can get any other bb gun like the orange ones without a license and paint it :) have no idea how to get bb License though

Yeah he said something like that I could buy the one with the orange slide or the clear one, but I wended the resident evil replica because I'm just one big turn of a fan, I don't even need it to shoot bbs it just looked really good lol

thats bull. i have owned and do own a replica walther ppk air pistol 100% accurate replica that fires pellets no license needed =/ i also own a replica heckler and koch pistol, again co2 powerd, again firing pellets again 100% accurate including being black and made of metal =/

Edited by norcoforever

thats bull. i have owned and do own a replica walther ppk air pistol 100% accurate replica that fires pellets no license needed =/ i also own a replica heckler and koch pistol, again co2 powerd, again firing pellets again 100% accurate including being black and made of metal =/

I also owned a few years back a very expensive walther something something I bought it from a gun shop with no trouble, I know recently the law has changed somewhat but this is ridiculous,

Saying that it's probably better that the genital pubelic can't own replicas there are a lot of morons out there lol

I also owned a few years back a very expensive walther something something I bought it from a gun shop with no trouble, I know recently the law has changed somewhat but this is ridiculous,

Saying that it's probably better that the genital pubelic can't own replicas there are a lot of morons out there lol

agreed on that, i seem to collect 'weapons' pistols crossbows etc however i have always been careful. the best advice i can give is to ring your local gunshop or indeed ring pellpax they have to be 100% right about the law otherwise lose their license, i bought my pistol less than three weeks ago =/

You need a ukara license to own a replica BB weapon, but air weapons are license free as long as pistols are sun 6ft/lb and rifles sub 12ft/lb. Anything above that is FAC.

http://www.ukara.org.uk/

cheers for the info, am i the only who finds it mental you can have a replica air pistol but replica BB gun =/

It's mad.

the other one i don't agree with is crossbows, mine is 180ft lb draw weight, that was delivered through the post and is far more deadly than any air weapon yet for my rifle and pistol i actually had to go to a gunshop etc, seems the law is outdated

the other one i don't agree with is crossbows, mine is 180ft lb draw weight, that was delivered through the post and is far more deadly than any air weapon yet for my rifle and pistol i actually had to go to a gunshop etc, seems the law is outdated

Yeah well they had some of them at the market I was at, although they were 8.99 each with 4 free arrows, can't have been that good more likely to shoot yourself in the head which looking at the clientele that would by be such a bad thing.

Well the bb gun in question may be long gone now but i will still try and get one at some point for the wall

Its not as daft as it all sounds.

Crossbows are not commonly used in crimes - they aren't very concealable, are clearly single shot and generally don't have the same impact as guns do.

The law is tighter on replica's than air pistols because an air pistol is still a dangerous weapon, whilst an airsoft isn't. Now I know that sounds backwards, but the rules are written from the police's point of view. Armed police have to assume both are in fact real firearms, and will shoot if they think you are endangering the public. If they shoot you holding an airsoft, no matter how realistic or expensive etc tomorrows headlines will read 'Armed police shoot man with toy gun'. The cops are paranoid about this. With an airgun, well they aren't normally deadly but at close range can do a fair bit of damage so its more acceptable.

You can buy airsofts in the high street, without a license, so long as there is no chance the cops will think its a real gun cos its bright blue! And no, you can't buy the blue one and paint it either....

Edited by Si Coe

Its not as daft as it all sounds.

Crossbows are not commonly used in crimes - they aren't very concealable, are clearly single shot and generally don't have the same impact as guns do.

The law is tighter on replica's than air pistols because an air pistol is still a dangerous weapon, whilst an airsoft isn't. Now I know that sounds backwards, but the rules are written from the police's point of view. Armed police have to assume both are in fact real firearms, and will shoot if they think you are endangering the public. If they shoot you holding an airsoft, no matter how realistic or expensive etc tomorrows headlines will read 'Armed police shoot man with toy gun'. The cops are paranoid about this. With an airgun, well they aren't normally deadly but at close range can do a fair bit of damage so its more acceptable.

You can buy airsofts in the high street, without a license, so long as there is no chance the cops will think its a real gun cos its bright blue! And no, you can't buy the blue one and paint it either....

Yeah I understand, it's only because it's causing a slight inconvenience to me that I'm bothered lol

I bet online stores can't sent them out in the post either without paperwork,

I wonder If I could buy a second hand one off a forum

Well now thats an interesting question.

There are lots of pre-ban airsofts out there without the required bright coloured parts, and I've never really heard a call to hand them in. As far as I can see the law only really affects the sale of new ones.

Although I suspect you'd find it might also affect older models when you want to resell them, so they are legal to own but not sell. Thats a common legal trick.

Most reputable UK airsoft stores just won't sell to 'un-licenced' users, it's not worth their hassle - same deal as ciggies to 14 year olds.

Try foreign suppliers like Red Wolf - they ship to UK no problem, although I'm not sure what the UK import restrictions are now - if you send Red Wolf a mail they'll enlighten you - they have to paint guns destined for the US with orange highlights, but I don't think they do for UK yet

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/

I've imported several guns from them over the years, but not since the legislation's changed.

Once a gun is considered 'realistic' you'll have trouble buying it in the UK - and it's just as big a pain to sell them - most Airsoft forums won't allow trading from un-licenced sellers;

http://www.airsoftar...7fb4&info_id=15

Edited by TWINSET

in the uk you can only buy airsoft/ air wepons face to face in a gunshop, importing is illegal now unless you licenced to, most replicas are now banned too

most airsoft are 1.5 ft lb or less but still can kill, air wepons are limted to 6ft lb for pistols and 12ft lb for rifles anything over that falls in to FAC, storage is another matter you need to keep them secure cabnet / cupboard, you have tobe 17+ to purchase air wepons and 14 years old to use the with a adult supervisor

i have been shooting for years fully insured and my rifles are in a fac approved cabnet for piece of mind ,i mainly shoot field target and air pistol these days

edit, you dont need a licence to own an airsoft or air pistol / rifle in england just need proof of address when buying new

Edited by flash22

in the uk you can only buy airsoft/ air wepons face to face in a gunshop, importing is illegal now unless you licenced to, most replicas are now banned too

most airsoft are 1.5 ft lb or less but still can kill, air wepons are limted to 6ft lb for pistols and 12ft lb for rifles anything over that falls in to FAC, storage is another matter you need to keep them secure cabnet / cupboard, you have tobe 17+ to purchase air wepons and 14 years old to use the with a adult supervisor

i have been shooting for years fully insured and my rifles are in a fac approved cabnet for piece of mind ,i mainly shoot field target and air pistol these days

edit, you dont need a licence to own an airsoft or air pistol / rifle in england just need proof of address when buying new

Well I used to be a member of red fern shooting club at emley and have had countless air pistols and rifles so know where your coming from

I just want this dam resi evil gun because it would look nice on my wall, I'll go see my local gun shop in brighouse

You would get charged if the police caught you carrying them.

The Firearms Act 1968 states,
Edited by Highlander

You would get charged if the police caught you carrying them.

Well they sell them at my local gun shop,

I think it means actually carrying it around in public fear-mongering but I'm sure it would be the same in the case of a rifle,

Mine was a replica was the same size/colour and details as the real thing and bought legally and I shot it on regular occasion, it was a few years ago mind