• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What next? .......

Carpmart

I've just sold one of my Losi 5ive T's as it just wasn't getting used enough and unlike Baja's, I'm happy with just using and owning one of these cars. My question is simple really, what next?

I fancy something else now but I'm concerned as nothing else seems to match up to the Losi as far as I'm concerned. Does anyone have any ideas for me or know of anything else looming on the Horizon (get it?) which will be competition for the Losi?

Why not go for something completely "out of the box" ?

Granted it's not quite the same as the Losi but you will still be out in a Field at the weekends and would also come in handy for lost clips and dogbones?

>tbh, I have been wanting one of these for a while now lol

you have all the usual stuff like the fg marder and hpi bajas, ftx punishers ,mcds but i think you have a great truck anyway and some might think youd be moving backwards . also if you are interested in the track cars, you have stuff like the fg leopard, hormann and elcon cleon ,great buggys and something different to what alot of people run .

i guess it all depends on what you do, where you bash and what you want . you could use the money you're financing your 2nd petrol rc car to make your losi a killing machine .

how are you finding the losi 5t mate? , im really leaning towards getting one myself . i have 4 buggies, 3 petrol and a nitro but am getting abit bored of them , i dont get time to use them all and 99% time only use the one i favour. im going the opposite way, i think im going to sell up and buy a losi 5t as my only rc . all i seem to be doing is trying to make them faster and more entertaining( speed freak) but now think why dont i just have one badass truck with heaps of power that can cross acres with ease and do everything i want it to.

i guess we all need something that suits our needs and makes it fun to use but as you know ,people have different criteria for picking a car,engine and whatever else is needed.

goodluck mate

Ha Ha Danny - I can't bring myself to ruin a largescale masterpiece like the Losi by putting those horrid little torque monsters in one. :) Truth be told, it's a somewhat appealing idea but .....................................

you have all the usual stuff like the fg marder and hpi bajas, ftx punishers ,mcds but i think you have a great truck anyway and some might think youd be moving backwards . also if you are interested in the track cars, you have stuff like the fg leopard, hormann and elcon cleon ,great buggys and something different to what alot of people run .

i guess it all depends on what you do, where you bash and what you want . you could use the money you're financing your 2nd petrol rc car to make your losi a killing machine .

how are you finding the losi 5t mate? , im really leaning towards getting one myself . i have 4 buggies, 3 petrol and a nitro but am getting abit bored of them , i dont get time to use them all and 99% time only use the one i favour. im going the opposite way, i think im going to sell up and buy a losi 5t as my only rc . all i seem to be doing is trying to make them faster and more entertaining( speed freak) but now think why dont i just have one badass truck with heaps of power that can cross acres with ease and do everything i want it to.

i guess we all need something that suits our needs and makes it fun to use but as you know ,people have different criteria for picking a car,engine and whatever else is needed.

goodluck mate

Mate - the Losi is a game changer as far as I'm concerned. Its such a good car that I only need one, hence why I sold the second one I had.

You should have kept it as a parts car.

Really not necessary as I'm struggling to break anything. I've had to replace front drive pins on the centre drive shaft which wear because of the angle. I've had no loctite on one of my shocks, I've upgraded the springs to red fronts and DDM Chrome rears. Got a 30.5 OBR 4 bolt full mod motor and Losi pipe and a second 30.5 OBR 2 bolt and a V2 Pred to go on it. Still using the stock steering servo and an 805MG on brake/throttle. Done the link mod to stiffen the link between centre diff and the throttle servo and a few other things but TBH, its bullet proof. I can't even get the tyres to wear too much! Having a

Why not buy a Maverick Blackout :)

Sounds to me like your Losi needs so little doing to it that you are getting bored. All that running the car and not having to fix it. A Blackout in your garage would certainly ensure you had lots of tinkering and fixing to do .....

Why not buy a Maverick Blackout :)

Sounds to me like your Losi needs so little doing to it that you are getting bored. All that running the car and not having to fix it. A Blackout in your garage would certainly ensure you had lots of tinkering and fixing to do .....

:) Never again will I own a Maverick ....................

Exactly the same boat then! I've got a few ideas I want to try re some mods, then I need another project! TBH, I really should start work on the full size race car as I need to do an engine change and some other critical jobs! I keep playing with the toy cars too much now ..... ;)