• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Hi guys, need some help !

The pin has snapped in my driveshaft so i cannot remove the hex or get to the bearings... Anyone know how to get it off? Tried pulling and twisting with no luck

Any help appreciated

The pin does not fit into a hole in the hex - the hex has a slot on the back which the pin sits in when the hex is pushed home. I think it would be very difficult for a broken pin to cause the hex to stick on the axle.

However, I found my hexes were glued on by threadlock - I read somewhere to apply threadlock to the wheel nuts/ axle threads and clearly overdid it and stuck the hexes on as well!

I would try gripping the hex in a small vice, put a nut on the threads and gently tap the axle into the hex and see if that will free it.. If its as stuck as you say trying to lever it off is going to do more damage I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been an emotional decision but I've decided to sell my xs and everything

That goes with it! Been great fun but needs must! I'll probs regret it and keep checking

In on here to see what's happening! Thanks to everyone for all the info and help

On this forum. Cheers james

Hi guys, putting new bearings in gearbox and can see all this green swarf in the casing ? Is this normal or a problem ?

udu3yjaj.jpg

zedydygu.jpg

Also do i just put any good grease back into the gearbox ? Or diff oil?

Just gone to put it together and this (output shaft ?)

te4esagu.jpg

u4amygur.jpg

Seems to not spin when everything else does ? Anyone help me out ?

On holiday on thu so gotta be up and running haha

Thanks in advance, Ste

Sent from my Fingers using the Tinternet

Edited by Ste001

The green swarf is debris from the slipper clutch pad. If that much has come off then it's probably time to replace it. The output shaft will only turn when the slipper clutch grips, so without the adjusting spring it won't grip. It'll be fine when fully assembled. Read up in the manual about how to properly adjust the slipper clutch.

*edit*

The gearbox isn't a sealed unit so you can't put diff oil in. A bit of thick grease should do the job, just don't get any on the slipper clutch.

Edited by Slugsie

The green swarf is debris from the slipper clutch pad. If that much has come off then it's probably time to replace it. The output shaft will only turn when the slipper clutch grips, so without the adjusting spring it won't grip. It'll be fine when fully assembled. Read up in the manual about how to properly adjust the slipper clutch.

*edit*

The gearbox isn't a sealed unit so you can't put diff oil in. A bit of thick grease should do the job, just don't get any on the slipper clutch.

Got it, thank you !

I will send mom to get a new slipper set tomorrow.

Cheers for the help

been running 2s fine on my XS but recently bought a 3s for a bit more speed. The motor is running hot now but the ESC is still cool. 

what pinion/spur do you all run on 3s?

im running the castle 3800kv and a hobbywing ezrun 120A ESC

been running 2s fine on my XS but recently bought a 3s for a bit more speed. The motor is running hot now but the ESC is still cool.

what pinion/spur do you all run on 3s?

im running the castle 3800kv and a hobbywing ezrun 120A ESC

There is a chart in the manual

You shouldn't need thread lock on it

Make sure you follow the manual and use any shims etc if it wasn't doing it before you stripped it then it's something you have done so back step what you did ..

Trouble now thou is your more than likely need some new pads .. You may have gone to heavy on the grease on the gears they only need a very very small amount if you put to much in there then the pads get caked with it and slip which can be like the nut being loose ? Or you may have contaminated the pads on assembly with grease ?

Edited by mydoddy69