• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

5mm LEDs fit perfectly, the pods are designed for exactly that purpose. I've fitted some to mine and they're doing great. Allows for some 'after dusk' runs up and down my street. :D
did you glue them slugsie? I have a set laying around but haven't fitted them as I was concerned they'd get trashed..
  • Like 1

Yup, little dab of hot glue just to secure them. I think you'd have to work really hard to do them any real damage as LEDs are pretty tough. All mine are is a couple of 5v LEDs, wired in parallel into a servo type plug and into the battery port on the receiver. I bought a bunch of these LEDs and they only cost a couple of quid pre-wired so even if they do get trashed (and no damage so far) it's not an issue.

Excellent, let me know when you've got the bits for soldering then I can sort them for you and we can go and have a play. I'm still hopeful that the weather will improve for Sunday and I can make it to Wigan, but the forecast isn't promising.

I take it your leg is better then?

im hoping to get the bits this week :) , i would like to join on sunday but im tied up in blackpool watching bmx racing , when are you planning to take a trip to ribble valley as i havent been in a while ?

yeah its getting better thanks im starting to walk ish but have been riding my bike loads to try and build my leg back up :thumbsup:

Yup, I have the full set, front, rear, belly, and wheelie bar. Excellent quality, very strong and durable. They're not the prettiest things in the world sure, but if they save me from breaking more expensive stuff then I'm fine with that.

Took mine for its full bash today, didn't last long.....

Seem to have the bottom 3.5mm pin missing from the front upright. Hpi part:105292

The retaining screw that would hold it in place was still intact and tight.

To stop the pin coming out the other side is the axel.

So, the big question.... Was the pin in there in the first place?

Just back from the Jam, the lil XS was just epic, I did run into a few problems with bearings collapsing all over the place and a slipper pad burning out, but the only real damage was a broken rear skid, split a out drive when a shock bottom poped off and a totally trashed shell, oh also i nailed a couple 5x backflips and I know they were caught on vid :)

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

Took mine for its full bash today, didn't last long.....

Seem to have the bottom 3.5mm pin missing from the front upright. Hpi part:105292

The retaining screw that would hold it in place was still intact and tight.

To stop the pin coming out the other side is the axel.

So, the big question.... Was the pin in there in the first place?

I emailed HPI and they've sent a spare out...

Great customer service