• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dremel Alternatives

fatboyneil

As the title says guys can anyone recommend a dremel alternative as their a bit expensive the hobbyking one is out of stock and my local wilkinsons is out of stock for the draper one they sell I've looked on eBay and everything other than the dremel looks a bit week help please

Fatboy

I have to recommend Dremel as they are top quality and there attachments are great. I have a 8200 and it's superb for everything. there is a new 3000 thats worth a look as it has a new type of chuck making tool changes a lot quicker.

With the draper one they don't make there own products they get the lowest bidder to make them or just buy what another company make but with draper stickers(i'm not knocking draper just telling the truth).

Dremel all the way matey, buy cheap, buy twice, I've not long got one and already use it almost every time I fiddle with my cars, so I can fully recommend it :thumbsup:

If you gonna use it a lot then i'd go with the Dremel mines never let me down.. You dont need the top of the line dremel the 200 or 300 is about all you need.. they do come up on ebay a lot .. if its just for once in a blue moon then i'd go with a rotacarft but there's hardly any difference in price .. The cheap ones are ok if you just want it for like maybe a couple of jobs .. if you think a cheap one is like

I got my dremel as a birthday present from my partners old man. Best present ever! Apart from the swiss army knife I got from my missus.

I would've got a cheapo dremel otherwise :)

And what's the main differences between the 200/300/3000 as I can only see the watt amount being different

Although the 3000 does look good

The 3000 is the new second step Dremel with the EZ chuck system. the power and RPM range is great and the tool shop I work in sold 15 in the first week of having them in stock!

Edited by JFS666