• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The evolution of DreXeL's Savage...

DreXeL

The IRC shocks are very heavy, they have 8mm thick shafts remember. That's where the bulk of the weight comes from, and I'm pretty sure FLM TVPs are lighter than IRC TVPs, FLM ones are a lot more 'skeletal'.

Don't get me wrong, mine does wheelie but only when I really want it to, not every time I breathe on the throttle, and that's just how I like it :)

was gonna say will you ever clean this beast!!

very nice savage this one and having seen it in the flesh i can say it's the muts nuts

thinking of getting the 1" extended lcg chassis for my flux as i'm really tired of wheelie's and backflips

stiil have a gallon of byron's 25 here for you

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

just out of interest what does yours wiegh? mine weighs 12.25lbs :)

ive also just noticed that you dont seem to bother with an antenna tube even with spektrum gear installed, dont you have range issues like that?

Edited by sickass_smithy

Weight is 6.5kg, so 14.3lbs. She's a bit of a lard-arse lol.

I don't use an antenna tube with any of my 2.4ghz stuff, never had any issues :)

Had some great fun with it at the Jam, no breakages despite some really bad landings. I went through three slipper pads though, I'm seriously considering fitting an Alza slipper locker. I threw a foam again too. The oval got very muddy with horrible clay mud though, so I semi-stripped it down when I got home and gave it a good clean:

Before (it was dirtier than this at one point, but I ran it through some wet grass which 'cleaned' it):

IMAG0318Medium.jpg

IMAG0319Medium.jpg

EDIT, a couple of pics showing it in it's even dirtier state, courtesy of TingTing :) :

mg0333.jpg

mg0339z.jpg

After:

IMAG0326Medium.jpg

IMAG0323Medium.jpg

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

Bought a set of Axial Beadlocks with Big Joes from the for sale section, and donated my other ones to my Son for his MGT. I prefer the look of these, a bit more 'bling' but the black chrome suits the truck down to the ground IMO. They have a little more offset too :)

DSCF2397Medium.jpg

DSCF2400Medium.jpg

DSCF2398Medium.jpg

DSCF2402Medium.jpg

Got dish?

DSCF2401Medium.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by DreXeL

Those wheels are really nice :thumbsup: Your savage looks great at the moment, I have been really enjoying reading this thread...but curse you makes me want to start pulling apart my savages again :xd:

• 1 month later...

mate, next time I see you at a bash, il bring my dodge charger shell with me, iv got to see this bad boy with it on haha ! :)

TBH I've never really liked muscle car shells on monster trucks, just looks wrong to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update, I have fitted an Alza slipper locker as the torque of the engine and weight of the truck just seem to be too much for the slipper pads, and I kept going through them. The Alza slipper locker works a treat :good:

Talking of clutches, my main clutch was going through shoes quicker than I'd like too, then I saw this in the for sale section:

CIMG2117_zps687cb91d.jpg

CIMG2118_zps940d5c13.jpg

CIMG2119_zps3b9d83ec.jpg

It's a brand-new Fioroni FR124 Vario 4-shoe clutch and flywheel. It's awesome, and the quality is fantastic :good:

Edited by DreXeL

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Raptor Shell fit?? i like the look of that and the Muggy shell but there not easy to find.

I never tried the Raptor shell but I would hazard a guess that it would fit pretty well, the dimentions are pretty similar :)