• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Ten SCTE Owners Thread

I'm running around 10 packs a week through at the mo. And considering a month ago my esc stop beeping and lost reverse. I used some pikey magic and somehow brought her back to life, I would say total failure isn't too far way now lol

fair play mate, that is a good amount of runs each week so stuff will wear out. Good on pikey magic :yes: must source a new steering servo for mine before the Jam.....or I'll just crash through regardless as the SC re-build is an unexpected cost and frankly more important to sort out at the mo

out of interest, would a Traxxas servo be ok as a temporary fix??

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to run mine proper at the weekend at the local BMX track and had a blast :D

Was running the Nanotech 6600MAh batteries, 4600Kv motor and Badlands. It was a concrete and metal BMX track and I nose dived off the spine (I think thats what the local skids called it) from about 25ft in the air onto the front bumper. I thought it was mashed (and I'd been there about 8 minutes!) but picked her up and checked her over and nada! No cracks, no damage, nothing bent. This thing is strong!

Plenty more cock ups after that from even greater heights and she survived it all! I do need to seal the center diff though as it has leaked it all out already...

hmmmm, might have to check my centre diff too, there's an awful amount of play in it...... actually drove mine for the first time in ages yesterday and came away hugely disappointed, which is odd as it is a great SC...

Where exactly are you getting the play noj? Is it really loose.

Just ordered the futaba 4pl from mmrlargescale. Does anyone know what I could get for my dx3e with sr300rx. Would i get between

• 1 month later...

Managed to get out with the SCTE since all of the upgrades today and the speed is immense for just 2s. Currently running 35 wt oil in the front shocks and 30 wt in the rear. Diffs are running 5000 front and 3000 centre and rear. Only ran it on tarmac today but turning was a bit unsteady. Not sure if its all down to the tyres or whether its my shock and diff set up. Will have to see how she goes when I gat the chance to run her off road.

Any advice on handling suggestions would be appreciated though.

Gonna try her on different pinions and 3s at somepoint too. ;)

Cheers AJ. Will that help with the turning then. At the moment when I turn, I have to take almost all of the speed off, whereas when it was stock, I could corner quite fast as the rear wheels would slide quite nicely. :)

Everything you need to know about diff oils, the base setting for the SCTE are 5/5/3

Front

Thinner :

increases steering into corners (off-power)

if oil is too thin the steering may become inconsistent, especially it can lose forward traction (and steering) during acceleration out of corners

Thicker:

increases stability into corners during braking

increases steering on-power at corner exit

............................................................ ........................

Center

Thinner:

front wheels unload more during acceleration

decreases on-power steering (reduces oversteer)

easier to drive on rough tracks

if a high-power engine is used you could waste too much power and sometime

Edited by .AJ.

AJ, cheers fella, that should be enough info for me to play around with when I get the chance.

By the way, did your kingheadz parts come. Looking at the motor mount myself now.

Ive got the motor mount already, im still waiting on the front diff mount which is in a Amains order i made over 2 weeks ago, so should be here soon

003-64.jpg

002-77.jpg

Im also waiting on

BCE Speed Chassis

Tekno Centre shafts

RPM Front bumper and rear skid

A load of new stock plastic parts

And the thing im most excited about is a new Losi High Performance SC Shell, the precut one with all the fiddly vents already cut out, ive checked the tracking and thats out for delivery today,

The losi website says the holes need cutting. Found one on eBay that says it comes with the holes precut but even Amain states that the vent holes need cutting. Where are you getting the shell from AJ. I like the look of the proline tundra at the moment, but that high performance shell does look a bit Gucci.

Mine arrived today and you are right that the vents dont come precut even though the site i bought it from come from said so, its being sent off to Ant Death Spiral for a proper paint job next week

003-65.jpg

I got mine from Liquid RC and cost me

Edited by .AJ.

Can't give the RPM bumper a rating for durability yet as I haven't abused it enough yet, but bearing in mind how strong their products normally are, I can't see it letting me down. Like the fact that I can add the light kit at a later date if I want.

Are they the hardened lighter driveshafts AJ.

Very nice mate. I will replace with those when the stock start to show signs of wear. After seeing that KHZ motor mount you had, I just couldn't resist the buy button. I had $5 credit with Amain and less than a dollar for delivery. ;)

Changed the centre diff to 5000 wt as didn't have 7000 so will see what effect that will have on her turning. I also noticed that my ride height was way way too high. I reduced her down to 33 at the back and 30 at the front. Reckon that will help alot too.