• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

11 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Front diffs gone again 🤣 seriously considering selling it an jus buyin a kraton or mini maxx 

I’ve had endless problems with my front diff too. My son hasn’t broken teeth off his yet though? His driving isn’t so aggressive mind. I find it’s the landings that cause the damage to mine. I think the tyres I have are too heavy and grippy for the car.

Ul defo hit 35mph with 3s, jus get a wheelie bar as the carnage likes to wheelie... Alot lol jus don't run 3s too often otherwise u will blow the front diff up lol 

6 hours ago, Wltoys 12402-a said:

So was going to put a 3s in my brushless vantage but didn't want to do the deffs in so went for a 25t pinion instead of the standard 23t in out the box battery charged will see if it any faster hopping for about 33 to 35 mph ,,Out box it does 28 I will see in abit 😜

IMG_20210713_202349~2.jpg

The carnage, vantage and bugsta are all the same, only real difference is the wheels and body, if u have a brushless then it will run on 3s out the box. The carnage is prone to breaking bits tho on 3s but I'd say mine is hittin around 35/40mph, will have to tape an old phone to it with a GPS tracking thingy to see jus how fast lol I can keep up with a 8s xmaxx on a 1amp charge lol 

Edited by Madmoz7610
Spelling mistake lol

1 hour ago, Madmoz7610 said:

The carnage, vantage and bugsta are all the same, only real difference is the wheels and body, if u have a brushless then it will run on 3s out the box. The carnage is prone to breaking bits tho on 3s but I'd say mine is hittin around 35/40mph, will have to tape an old phone to it with a GPS tracking thingy to see jus how fast lol I can keep up with a 8s xmaxx on a 1amp charge lol 

What do you mean 1amp charge? 

My Carnage is pretty rapid with the 3S, not had a race with my X-Maxx, but it will be pretty close!

3 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

What do you mean 1amp charge? 

My Carnage is pretty rapid with the 3S, not had a race with my X-Maxx, but it will be pretty close!

He charged his traxxas 4s battery's on a 1amp charge, took 12 hrs as he's only got 1 charger lol not sure if it gave it more power but it lasted about 45mins bashin it around the park. He usually charges at 4.5amp and that lasts about 25mins, my carnage on 3s can keep up with it but takes a feathered throttle to stop the wheelies, he's gettin a hardened steel high speed spur gear in a few days so I doubt il even get close to it then, but still won't be as fast as his kraton!! That things silly fast and easily hitting 60+mph over takes the xmaxx in a wheelie 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

They do share a lot of common parts but the Vantage uses a different chassis too and has a shorter wheelbase

They are the same length but the carnage is wider and has the bigger wheels, there's no difference between the bugsta and carnage chassis tho. Might try a vantage chassis next time I break mine 

Added screenshots off the ftx website for anyone who wants to know the sizes lol 

Screenshot_2021-08-29-12-23-21-218_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-29-12-22-38-849_com.android.chrome.jpg

On 27/08/2021 at 15:39, Wltoys 12402-a said:

So was going to put a 3s in my brushless vantage but didn't want to do the deffs in so went for a 25t pinion instead of the standard 23t in out the box battery charged will see if it any faster hopping for about 33 to 35 mph ,,Out box it does 28 I will see in abit 😜

IMG_20210713_202349~2.jpg

Not a carnage lol 😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

They are the same length

Have you compare the actual chassis though?  I’d be genuinely interested - the Chinese parent website used to say the chassis are not compatible, but I looked a long time ago and don’t have time to look back now.   Whilst the overall length is the same the wheelbase is different and I’d figured that was the difference in the chassis.  Maybe the wheelbase difference comes from the widened arms?  I truly don’t know. 

31A35269-713C-4099-BB91-6C33A11611B4.jpeg

5474E50B-F730-4690-B020-92D38BEB1AF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Have you compare the actual chassis though?  I’d be genuinely interested - the Chinese parent website used to say the chassis are not compatible, but I looked a long time ago and don’t have time to look back now.   Whilst the overall length is the same the wheelbase is different and I’d figured that was the difference in the chassis.  Maybe the wheelbase difference comes from the widened arms?  I truly don’t know. 

31A35269-713C-4099-BB91-6C33A11611B4.jpeg

5474E50B-F730-4690-B020-92D38BEB1AF5.jpeg

No iv not bought one yet, but I am gona get a Ali vantage chassis and see if the arms off the carnage will fit to make a wide buggy 

2 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

No iv not bought one yet, but I am gona get a Ali vantage chassis and see if the arms off the carnage will fit to make a wide buggy 

I’m pretty sure you’ll need the vantage  top plate and front drive shaft too

6 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

I’m pretty sure you’ll need the vantage  top plate and front drive shaft too

Well my brother in law's got a Ali top plate that's too small for the carnage so il try that first, it's on a cheap thing he picked up a while ago, we did try an fit it to the carnage but it's about 20mm too short, and he has a drive shaft that's about the same. Everything else should fit it tho 🤞but my Montana will be used more when it finally arrives 

Having had a Quanum Vandal and currently owning a Hooligan and Carnage I can assure you that the chassis for all 3 are different. 

It is possible to put Carnage arms on a Vantage/Vandal chassis and make a wide track buggy. I think someone has done it and posted it in this very thread.

Edited by chewbacca
  • Thanks 1

Fitted some blue Ali arms as I lost the steering arm after 2mins of bein out lol, need to get some more for spares as iv lost few of these now, jus hope I don't lose the Ali ones lol 

IMG_20210831_170017.jpg

IMG_20210831_170000.jpg

did you get these from eBay? I almost bought some a while back after snapping one of mine. Sort of wish I did now, they look nice and shiny!!

Fitted some blue Ali arms as I lost the steering arm after 2mins of bein out lol, need to get some more for spares as iv lost few of these now, jus hope I don't lose the Ali ones lol 

IMG_20210831_170017.jpg

IMG_20210831_170000.jpg

did you get these from eBay? I almost bought some a while back after snapping one of mine. Sort of wish I did now, they look nice and shiny!!

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

Yes these are the ones off ebay, think I paid 17.99 for them, they wobble a fair bit but look amazing, i advise to locktight them an let it set before fitting them as they come loose very easily. But they do look good fitted especially with the servo saver up front an Ali arms an hub on the rear lol 

• Like 1

I got the same ones on mine  I also changed the suspension holders as well as the plastic ones snapped /came loose . They look fantastic. Your right about lockite them as the screws come loose.  Didnt lose any as I seen on here if you put a screw in to alloy you lockite it so I was checking and found them loose . 

Good tip from you guys.  

Does that apply to carbon  as well ??? 

I tend to locktight everything because I'm tired of goin over the entire truck after every trip out, lost the steering arm as I forgot to do that after the rebuild I recently did, jus lucky I had these arms but they won't be stayin on as they have worse wobble than standard 

29 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

dont threadlock plastic as it melts it but superglue is ok 

Iv not had any plastic melt yet, i jus screw in half way, brush a bit of locktight onto the last few threads an then tighten up, used to use super glue yrs ago on my mta4 but found I was rounding heads an then havin to drill them out an fit bigger screws, but now u mentioned it I did find the plastic model cement stuff worked best, didn undo on its own an was easy to crack off when needed so will have to dig out my old model kits an see if iv got any decent stuff left otherwise I'm gona order a bit, also puncture repair glue was a good alternative if u havnt got any model cement lol 

Jus put a 550 CST weight in the rear shocks on the carnage, did have 250 CST in them before as that's all I had, an the difference is night and day. The 250 was too sloppy and the under side was hittin the floor on hard acceleration even on 2s, now it's stayin pretty level, biggest test is gona be on Saturday when I'm jumpin. Also has anyone else broken a wheelie bar? Mine snapped where the wheel screws to the mount so gotta buy a new one, also has anyone got the Zorro front bumper fitted to there carnage? Jus want to know where is screws into as lookin at gettin one of them on my next order