• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

2 hours ago, Tommy2000 said:

That's what I thought but taking my servoa apart and the gears are fine

Did you attempt to adjust the turnbuckles to adjust the front wheels before this happened? My first attempt to adjust mine stopped the steering from working correctly.

• Like 1

I've decided i'm going to sell mine, Going to get a 1/8 instead. Any idea what sort of price i would be looking at? 90% ally only thing that isn't is front steering arms. Hobbywing Max10 ESC and 3300kv motor, Would sell it RTR with my 2s Zeee Lipo. Got nearly a full cars worth of spares and some unopened spares like slipper pads and diff housing, servo saver etc

• Sad 2

On 19/05/2021 at 21:10, Ant.p said:

Did you attempt to adjust the turnbuckles to adjust the front wheels before this happened? My first attempt to adjust mine stopped the steering from working correctly.

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have to make many changes to get it working properly again? My Carnage Nitro only returns to centre from one direction and it's beginning to drive me nuts. 

29 minutes ago, sdt492 said:

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have to make many changes to get it working properly again? My Carnage Nitro only returns to centre from one direction and it's beginning to drive me nuts. 

One of the best upgrades I did on the carnage was the steering servo. The stock ones aren’t much better than useless. You don’t need to spend a fortune and you’ll find the steering is massively improved.

If you don’t want to upgrade, try removing the horn off your existing servo and check for resistance when manually turning wheels left to right. You may find that debris buildup or a bearing is causing the problem. It’s a good idea to do this regardless just to make sure everything is working as it should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi I just put a alloy one on my carnage and good god it turns on a dime   i just check it every time I use it to make sure it's nice an tight   dont want to lose it   lol . 

Apart from the hobbywing motor. Esc the next best upgrad has been the steering servo  it's made such a difference to the handling . Iv bought 3 more since to fit on my other cars . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Iain .R said:

Hi I just put a alloy one on my carnage and good god it turns on a dime   i just check it every time I use it to make sure it's nice an tight   dont want to lose it   lol . 

Apart from the hobbywing motor. Esc the next best upgrad has been the steering servo  it's made such a difference to the handling . Iv bought 3 more since to fit on my other cars . 

And going from carnage to the outlaw  the steering on the outlaw is pants (yet there nothing  wrong with it just the carnage one so much better it makes the outlaw look bad ) 

15 hours ago, Ant.p said:

One of the best upgrades I did on the carnage was the steering servo. The stock ones aren’t much better than useless. You don’t need to spend a fortune and you’ll find the steering is massively improved.

If you don’t want to upgrade, try removing the horn off your existing servo and check for resistance when manually turning wheels left to right. You may find that debris buildup or a bearing is causing the problem. It’s a good idea to do this regardless just to make sure everything is working as it should.

Which servo did you upgrade to if you don't mind me asking? I bought an identical etronix servo off ebay as they were cheap enough and the steering behaved in the exact same way. I then took a chance on a beefier digital servo on amazon and again it acted exactly the same but only when the car is down on its wheels. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iain .R said:

I've just ordered an upgraded alloy servo saver which also comes with an aluminium ackerman arm so hopefully fingers crossed 🙂

6 hours ago, sdt492 said:

I've just ordered an upgraded alloy servo saver which also comes with an aluminium ackerman arm so hopefully fingers crossed 🙂

Cool how much was that as I'm going to buy some ackermans   as its alloy servo to plastic ackman   I dont think it hold so I'm going to buy some alloy ones .  How much was your one mine was £13 free postage   still need to buy 2 more.  Cheers . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

Cool how much was that as I'm going to buy some ackermans   as its alloy servo to plastic ackman   I dont think it hold so I'm going to buy some alloy ones .  How much was your one mine was £13 free postage   still need to buy 2 more.  Cheers . 

I ordered two lots from different ebay sellers, the first was an alloy servo saver kit (no aker arm) that was £13 but from China with a three week estimated delivery. The second aluminium set with the aker arm was £19 from a UK seller. 

Screenshot_20210525-181111_eBay.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oscart2005 said:

Hi, wondering if there was any way of stopping the body posts snapping off the Carnage or reducing how much they do break?

There are two things you can try.

Cut off any excess post when the body is on the car to reduce the risk of snagging when rolling.

I put nerf gun bullets over mine beneath the body to act as a cushion when rolling.

there isn’t much else you can do. Some put shrink wrap round the posts and drill out the bodies a little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

There are two things you can try.

Cut off any excess post when the body is on the car to reduce the risk of snagging when rolling.

I put nerf gun bullets over mine beneath the body to act as a cushion when rolling.

there isn’t much else you can do. Some put shrink wrap round the posts and drill out the bodies a little.

Okay cheers👍

Hi, I have just bought a brushless carnage  for my teenage son's birthday and he has clipped a post and broken off the bumper.  I can see that the bumper set (FTX6324) is only a few quid and easy to fit so no problem.  The issue is that the bumper mounting holes on the chassis plate are also damaged.  I see you can get the whole plate as a spare (FTX6331) but also it comes as a 2 part Front (FTX 6253) and Rear (FTX6259) but it seems this is for the Vantage in part description?  Can this 2 part chassis be used with the Carnage running gear?  At lease then if it happens again I can just replace the front plate?  It seems mad to have to replace the whole chassis?  Is it easy to do?
I also see that there is an upgrade option for Aluminium (FTX6377) or Carbon Fibre (bit pricey for newbie) and these seem to be in 2 Parts.
Where is best to get spares?  I got Truggie from RC Geeks but their spares list doesn't seem as expansive as others for this model?
Thanks in advance for your help.

14 minutes ago, pgainey said:

Hi, I have just bought a brushless carnage  for my teenage son's birthday and he has clipped a post and broken off the bumper.  I can see that the bumper set (FTX6324) is only a few quid and easy to fit so no problem.  The issue is that the bumper mounting holes on the chassis plate are also damaged.  I see you can get the whole plate as a spare (FTX6331) but also it comes as a 2 part Front (FTX 6253) and Rear (FTX6259) but it seems this is for the Vantage in part description?  Can this 2 part chassis be used with the Carnage running gear?  At lease then if it happens again I can just replace the front plate?  It seems mad to have to replace the whole chassis?  Is it easy to do?
I also see that there is an upgrade option for Aluminium (FTX6377) or Carbon Fibre (bit pricey for newbie) and these seem to be in 2 Parts.
Where is best to get spares?  I got Truggie from RC Geeks but their spares list doesn't seem as expansive as others for this model?
Thanks in advance for your help.

This is up there with the most common breaks carnage - and the two fixing holes at the front of the chassis always get broken.

I reconnect putting a torro bumper as they are stronger and fit.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/442275?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhr2FBhDbARIsACjwLo2ugw_gvjU6VxwuazcDGXevWywn2KVWcj5YRtQLQdlzokvNXHSURMUaAhQyEALw_wcB

I can recommend Modelsport for spares, they’re well stocked and competitive.

if you have access to a 3D printer, I use this part to repair the chassis:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4743829

it avoids replacement, and is stronger than the original setup. Also acts as a small skid plate.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

This is up there with the most common breaks carnage - and the two fixing holes at the front of the chassis always get broken.

I reconnect putting a torro bumper as they are stronger and fit.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/442275?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhr2FBhDbARIsACjwLo2ugw_gvjU6VxwuazcDGXevWywn2KVWcj5YRtQLQdlzokvNXHSURMUaAhQyEALw_wcB

I can recommend Modelsport for spares, they’re well stocked and competitive.

if you have access to a 3D printer, I use this part to repair the chassis:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4743829

it avoids replacement, and is stronger than the original setup. Also acts as a small skid plate.

Hi Ant.p

Thanks for the quick reply.   Idon't doubt that this is a common "breakage!" Just seems mad that you have to replace whole chassis.

I will give the Torro bumper a whirl.  

Unfortunately I do not know of anyone with a 3D printer.  Does anyone sell the repair plates online??

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, pgainey said:

Hi Ant.p

Thanks for the quick reply.   Idon't doubt that this is a common "breakage!" Just seems mad that you have to replace whole chassis.

Unfortunately I do not know of anyone with a 3D printer.  Does anyone sell the repair plates online??

Cheers.

You’re welcome. It does seem mad, especially when you are likely to break it again on the very next outing!

the torro bumper is quite a bit larger than the carnage one, so does change the aesthetics. When I’m home I’ll post a photo for reference of the two next to each other (if I get a chance).

I didn’t know anyone either, but a quick search on Facebook marketplace found a local chap for me. You may have the same luck?

44 minutes ago, pgainey said:

Hi Ant.p

Cheers.

Order an alloy chassis plate from China for about a tenner - not only will it solve that problem but it also stiffens up the whole car making it handle better all round 👍