• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Maybe yours is a slightly older model before they changed to waterproof electrics as your esc looks different to the esc on modelsport pics

I've just had a look at the pic on modelsport and compared it to the the two I have and the ones on the etronix website. It's deffo a 45amp as the 60 amp and above are housed in a black plastic esc case were as the 45 amp one has a visible blue heatsink ( same as in the modelsport images)

Regards,

Chris

Just ordered part FTX6221, but have just twigged I brought the wrong ones as these are rear suspension holders and I need the front one....are they actually the same part?????, they certainly look it?????

Edited by jp79er

Hey everyone. New member here. I actually have the Vandal as several others also have. I'm an American but joined due to the massive amount of knowledge and insight everywhere in this thread. Thank you to everyone who has noted stuff to look at, check, mod and address on the FTX/Quanum platform. No stranger to competitive racing, but this is my first adventure into the 4wd Mod Buggy class. Just reading here has given me a ton of stuff to "bombproof". :omgblinky:

Justin

Edited by iDesign_5
  • Like 1

Another American joining the thread, own a Vandal and I am quite pleased with it. Been browsing the posts and plan to read every single one of them :)

But got a question already for the crowd.

What that the best recommended shocks for this buggy? I already have both sway bars and installed the carbon fiber shock towers.

Thanks all and I look forward to participate with y'all.

Regards,

Carlos.

Sorry, maybe a slightly dumb question, was reading through this thread and others have said putting 3S on the Vantage will ruin the diffs - I have been running 3S on mine for some time without a problem, is this just luck? How will I know when the diffs go (and presumably I can just replace them at that stage - cost permitting :-) )?

I put 3s's through my Vandal.....only issues I had with the power are:

Rear tyres peeling of the rim

In 4weeks of abuse I have stripped my first spur gear....although my pinion is not entirely drilled square and true (as I took it from 3mm bore to a 5mm to fit on my motor shaft)and coupled with dirt crud with open housing....that going to happen regardless

Other than that all other damage/breakages are down to my poor driving skills i.e. car vs. solid objects

Edited by jp79er

I used the tamco ones from my donar truggy as they are firmer and stronger springs, not sure what is best tbh

Are those these ones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamco-Raider-1-10th-Truggy-Shock-Set-1-Pair-TAR512004-/351032146667?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item51bb257aeb

Thank you all!

I ordered these ones off eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-Wraith-Rock-Crawler-Racer-Big-Bore-Shocks-105mm-Scale-Scaler-SCX10-AX10-/281468887484?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Will let you all know how they work and fit in the Vandal.

Looks good. Have you got any pictures of the wiring you used and how it's all setup StevenT?

I cheated a little and used these:

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/killer-rc-iris-led-lights.html

They just plug straight into the reciever, plug is already on the end so really simple!

IMAG2154.jpg

IMAG2156.jpg

IMAG2155.jpg

If you want to know anymore just ask :)

Cheers,

Steven

• Like 1

Hi there, got the same car, I've converted to 2wd and it's great, I like to tinker a lot with things , I'm running the stock esc and motor, also carbon top plate and sus mounts to, just put some sway bar set on to, they do make it more stable...

Edited by racerDan20

I've your lipo case has been damaged by moving around while bashing, try wedging a battery sponge in there I've there is room.... To take up the slack...

evening peps. I'm a ol git reliving me rc days. ran a reasonable level back in the early nineties n just purchase a rtr vantage. have been reading ya threads n v interested in ya 'mods'

Yeah I purchased a rtr vantage brushless from modelsport recently and its been great.....

Finally got through all the posts...............

Hi all, sat here waiting for my used brushed carnage to arrive.

Went brushed for a few reasons,
I don't want to break it with speed to soon.
I want to get my son one, he will only cope with brushed so keeping them the same will make racing a bit more fun.
I want to upgrade, part of the draw of this hobby was to tinker.

Also ordered an Overlander RC6 VSP and hex tool kit.

I will apologise in advance for any silly questions or repeat questions as some of the talk is still going over my head.