• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Was getting tired of the standard shocks being a bit pants tbh, so managed to get a set of some Schumacher SV2 big bore dampers. Gotta say, what a difference. Really high quality items and well worth the

Today I had a go at doing something a little different with the rear shocks. Tried to mount them on the Anti roll bar mounts on the rear arms, meaning they would sit infront of the rear shock tower instead of behind.

gallery_16696_3395_170755.jpg

gallery_16696_3395_287405.jpg

gallery_16696_3395_54143.jpg

gallery_16696_3395_145123.jpg

Tested it and it doesn't really work too well, the dampers appeared to be very overly springy on the rebound stage, no doubt due to the more upright stance of the damper units, and the rear end was all over the place. lol. So back to the standard setup it was.

Just to note the Schumacher SV2 dampers are just miles better than the standard shocks, they really can just soak up every single bump with utter ease. :)

James

:)

I thought I would share pics of my new aluminium chassis as there are not many on here.  

I bought the carnage for my son at christmas and we have managed to destroy two of the standard chassis already.  We did have great fun at the time but It can be a little troublesome, especially in the cold weather as the plastic becomes quite brittle.

The idea now is to replace the parts one by one with a bulletproof alternative as they break.  Let me know any thoughts on future upgrades or  good quality body shells.

Cheers

Jim

Had a little accident with the Vantage and wrecked the Astute body I had painted up :( . So purchased a new clear body and applied some original Tamiya Madcap decals to it. :) I was going to paint it white, but have decided to leave it clear for now.

gallery_16696_3415_309045.jpg

gallery_16696_3415_96106.jpg

gallery_16696_3415_112862.jpg

I also fitted the Tamiya TB Evo IV antiroll bar set which fits perfetly.

James

Iam totally uneducated in this sort of thing guys,What is  Pm? Also fried stock brushed motor on 1 of carnages yesterday,any advice on a new one,other than std ftx stock.using etronix probe wp. want to keep it brushed(for 7 year olds).What do you experienced guys think of the ftx 55o stock motor.

Iam totally uneducated in this sort of thing guys,What is  Pm? Also fried stock brushed motor on 1 of carnages yesterday,any advice on a new one,other than std ftx stock.using etronix probe wp. want to keep it brushed(for 7 year olds).What do you experienced guys think of the ftx 55o stock motor.

PM= Personal Message, find daveyboi73 in this thread and click on his name, then hit Send Message.

As for the 550 can, I love it, got lots of grunt for the job. I've tried other cans but have gone back to the 550. 

What did you do to them? I've hammered mine and it's still going strong! It's even had 2s Lipos through it running a 15 tooth pinion and is still spinning nicely. I must be one of the lucky ones lol

Can't say I even used the standard motor tbh, it pretty much got put in the spares pile and in went a 5.5R Speed Passion brushless system.

Finally painted the body white, turned out quite good, and will be good for a runner body :)

gallery_16696_3415_244168.jpg

James

Can't say I even used the standard motor tbh, it pretty much got put in the spares pile and in went a 5.5R Speed Passion brushless system.

Finally painted the body white, turned out quite good, and will be good for a runner body :)

gallery_16696_3415_244168.jpg

James

Some of us can't afford Speed Passion combos though mate. I'll be taking the standard can out of my Carnage in the near future though. It'll be going in a Quanum Vandal lol. (There is madness in my method).

66 quid is not far off my current weekly income! My Carnage will soon be BL for less than 40 quid, yes, it's Turnigy Trackstar not SP Reventon but it's just right for my budget.

what do i need to change to fit a ftx vantage shell to my boys carnage??as i `m getting peeed right off buying body posts for the damn thing..... :yes:  

Erm, you'll need body posts. And quite possibly new holes in the shell as I think the Vantage is shorter than the Carnage.

Erm, you'll need body posts. And quite possibly new holes in the shell as I think the Vantage is shorter than the Carnage.

ok...so is it just posts and not the top deck? As that's were I thought the front post is located and I will b fittin a stock shell so no holes needed

The Vantage top deck is indeed where the front post is located, however the part numbers are different so it might not be a straight swap. I said you might need new holes as the length might be different, the stock holes might not be in the right place.

The Vantage top deck is indeed where the front post is located, however the part numbers are different so it might not be a straight swap. I said you might need new holes as the length might be different, the stock holes might not be in the right place.

cheers for the info. .....I dont suppose any one on here has both do they??