• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

3 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Jus put a 550 CST weight in the rear shocks on the carnage, did have 250 CST in them before as that's all I had, an the difference is night and day. The 250 was too sloppy and the under side was hittin the floor on hard acceleration even on 2s, now it's stayin pretty level, biggest test is gona be on Saturday when I'm jumpin. Also has anyone else broken a wheelie bar? Mine snapped where the wheel screws to the mount so gotta buy a new one, also has anyone got the Zorro front bumper fitted to there carnage? Jus want to know where is screws into as lookin at gettin one of them on my next order 

Haven’t broken a wheelie bar, but I have the zorro bumper. Fitted straight onto my carbon shock towers. Believe they also fit the standard tower but longer screws are required I think.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Haven’t broken a wheelie bar, but I have the zorro bumper. Fitted straight onto my carbon shock towers. Believe they also fit the standard tower but longer screws are required I think.

They do fit, you need 20mm screws - the top bracket attaches through the shock tower where the upper link ball joints attach.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anyone help with my daughters converted Carnage? (Was a Vantage) full Carnage conversion.

Slipper keeps slipping.

Replaced spur, slipper pads, tightened slipper fully tight and still slipping.

Running standard tooth spur, 17t pinion, 2s, 10.5t speed passion brushless motor and a hobbywing 10bl120.

Any ideas guys?

It doesn't even seem particularly fast either. Full speed seems to vary too. Full chat seems slow one minute then seems st speed up and vice versa. 

ESC is calibrated as it should be as far as I'm aware. Batteries are allegedly 80c 5200mah Goldbatt off Amazon. Maybe they are a bit crap. But obviously that won't cause the slipper issue.

As for as I can see its pretty much as FTX intended apart from a slightly more powerful motor. 

There must be something wrong somewhere for brand new slippers to slip immediately.

Please help.

Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Speedytriple said:

Hi guys,

Anyone help with my daughters converted Carnage? (Was a Vantage) full Carnage conversion.

Slipper keeps slipping.

Replaced spur, slipper pads, tightened slipper fully tight and still slipping.

Running standard tooth spur, 17t pinion, 2s, 10.5t speed passion brushless motor and a hobbywing 10bl120.

Any ideas guys?

It doesn't even seem particularly fast either. Full speed seems to vary too. Full chat seems slow one minute then seems st speed up and vice versa. 

ESC is calibrated as it should be as far as I'm aware. Batteries are allegedly 80c 5200mah Goldbatt off Amazon. Maybe they are a bit crap. But obviously that won't cause the slipper issue.

As for as I can see its pretty much as FTX intended apart from a slightly more powerful motor. 

There must be something wrong somewhere for brand new slippers to slip immediately.

Please help.

Thanks guys.

Are u still running standard nylon spur gear? Gona sound stupid but u have fitted the slipper pads correctly? I get slip on my 3s battery running standard etronix motor an ESC, but iv got round that by jus doin the slipper nut up as much as possible, did do the 1/4 turn off but still slipped so jus done it up as tight as possible an not had a problem since 

5 hours ago, Ant.p said:

I have broken a wheelie bar, IL take some pics tomoz if I can find it in the bag of bits lol wasn't impressed as never heard of a wheelie bar snappin, must be goin a bit too rough for the truck to handle lol either that or its havin an xmaxx flip it back onto its wheels when it's on its roof lol stupid I know but when it flips an it's over 100m away it's annoyin walk-in to flip it over lol 

49 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Are u still running standard nylon spur gear? Gona sound stupid but u have fitted the slipper pads correctly? I get slip on my 3s battery running standard etronix motor an ESC, but iv got round that by jus doin the slipper nut up as much as possible, did do the 1/4 turn off but still slipped so jus done it up as tight as possible an not had a problem since 

Yep, did have the acetal one but first time it started slipping it seemed to wear the spur so much that it would go tight no matter how tight I did up the nut I could still turn it by hand.

So I put the standard spur back in.

Are the pads handed? Is there a right and a wrong way to put them in?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Speedytriple said:

Yep, did have the acetal one but first time it started slipping it seemed to wear the spur so much that it would go tight no matter how tight I did up the nut I could still turn it by hand.

So I put the standard spur back in.

Are the pads handed? Is there a right and a wrong way to put them in?

Thanks.

So long as they sit in the spur gear properly u shouldn't be havin that problem, I upgraded to the RW hardened steel spur an pinion as I stripped the nylon one on second run out lol havnt had any problems with it since, the gears are meshed correctly? 

13 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

So long as they sit in the spur gear properly u shouldn't be havin that problem, I upgraded to the RW hardened steel spur an pinion as I stripped the nylon one on second run out lol havnt had any problems with it since, the gears are meshed correctly? 

Yeah, gears are meshed beautifully.  Runs quiet.

I did put a little grease on the teeth (nowhere near the slipper).

The wheels & tyres are a bit heavy especially as I lined the tyres with duct tape to help stop ballooning. Could that cause the problem? They maybe a bit bigger than standard? Do they look the same size?

20210818_201641.jpg

10 hours ago, Speedytriple said:

Yeah, gears are meshed beautifully.  Runs quiet.

I did put a little grease on the teeth (nowhere near the slipper).

The wheels & tyres are a bit heavy especially as I lined the tyres with duct tape to help stop ballooning. Could that cause the problem? They maybe a bit bigger than standard? Do they look the same size?

20210818_201641.jpg

It could be the bigger wheels with he tape inside, but could also be the greese on the gears, even a tiny amount on the pads will cause slip, nice wheels tho 👍 what ones are they? Wouldn't mind some for mine 

37 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

It could be the bigger wheels with he tape inside, but could also be the greese on the gears, even a tiny amount on the pads will cause slip, nice wheels tho 👍 what ones are they? Wouldn't mind some for mine 

See this thread mate:

However i think they have sold out, but i believe there are others on Amazon for a bit more (Maybe £10) a set.

On 03/09/2021 at 11:10, Speedytriple said:

See this thread mate:

However i think they have sold out, but i believe there are others on Amazon for a bit more (Maybe £10) a set.

These look the same but not prime! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Balancer-Climbing-Accessory-Durability-Attraction/dp/B09F8XGXZF

4 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Did it wheely and catch on to somthing to snap it (rough road ) or was it flat road . As that's a pain . 

Neither buddy, it's jus ran around a local park with a bit of a jump, it's not that rough and the grass is kept nice an low too, it's probably from flippin end to end everytime it's taken out, broken the front of the chassis where the bumper attaches so won't be out until after the 21st( birthday), the misses has bought me some Ali front arms, steering and hub knuckles, Zorro front bumper and a new wheelie bar, so will fit all that together, really can't be arsed to rebuild it twice lol Montana is waitin on a carb so can't even run that until Thursday 

1 minute ago, Wltoys 12402-a said:

Not bin out with my vantage for abit till yesterday ,,And now the steering don't center when at full speed half speed any speed really ,,Any help would be grateful thanks 

Is the steering working still? Is it centred when stationary? It could either be your steering trim needs adjusting on the transmitter to centre the wheels or the steering servo is on its way out.

On 01/09/2021 at 17:12, Stormbringer said:

dont threadlock plastic as it melts it but superglue is ok 

Did not know this, seeing as all threadlock isn't equal as there's so many variations, is there a specific composition or ingrediant that does this? I don't bother threadlocking plastic to plastic, but I've got loctite 243 over a lot of plastic stuff over the course of time as I'm a messy pup and haven't seen anything melt yet. 

24 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Is the steering working still? Is it centred when stationary? It could either be your steering trim needs adjusting on the transmitter to centre the wheels or the steering servo is on its way out.

Either this or have u taken the Ackerman off recently or done the screws up in the front hubs too tight? I made this mistake, bought a new servo and then found out I did everything up too tight lol 

Edited by Madmoz7610

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Did not know this, seeing as all threadlock isn't equal as there's so many variations, is there a specific composition or ingrediant that does this? I don't bother threadlocking plastic to plastic, but I've got loctite 243 over a lot of plastic stuff over the course of time as I'm a messy pup and haven't seen anything melt yet. 

it wasnt ftx plastic lol :rofl:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Ant.p said:

New servo 25kg 1,,Just had a good look regressed all steering parts plus greased servo inside took it out just and work fantastic a gain thank god easy fix 😌