• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

tyres??

do you guys running brushless set ups tape your tyre's?

Got my brushless up and running today (the one I didnt sell) and whilst doing some test runs and speed runs in the car park next to my house notice the tyres were ballooning a lot and well eventually the inevitable happened and I shredded a front, they are old tyres so not really worried

but wondering if I should tape my new ones when they arrive, always taped the tyres on my large scale stuff. 

Will say thoughits running ace, running 2300kv trackstar with 16/42 gearing on 4S and if fair shifts.

Yep, got to tape em, the standard ST wheels and tyres are quite good for staying in shape I have found but I have even taped those this time.

What spur gear are you using if you don't mind me asking?

MBX6T side gaurds in the UK, pretty sure I saw that people were ordering them from the states (Amain Hobbies?? could be wrong) anyways I ordered from these guys in the uk and they were delivered in a few days just in case anyone else is doing a brushless conversion and is needing some.

https://secure.oxatis.com/mugen-side-guard-set-mbx6t-c2x13863588

Just brought and built hyper st pro now looking for an engine looked at a few LRP's ,32,30,28 and couple piccos just wondered if anybody else can recommend a decent engine not looking at racing just bashing really got a couple other Nitros so have tuning experience not looking at 300 pound race engines either any advise and guidenece would be most appreciated :)

Has the 50wt made much of a difference? Really need to stiffen up my shocks get some better ones mine bottoms out on a 3 ft drop [emoji20]

That trackstar motor is surely too small, must get like an oven. My 1717 gets well toastie.

Has the 50wt made much of a difference? Really need to stiffen up my shocks get some better ones mine bottoms out on a 3 ft drop [emoji20]

Put double shocks on the back with some preload. I use 35wt and it is great. Then use rear shocks off a different car for the front with stiffer springs.

not ran it yet.....but dropping it onto thr kitchen table it seemed ok...didn't bottom out. ..I was dropping it 2ft maybe.....

I swear suspension is like a dark art. I bought some tq2 shocks for my hyper and the oil in them seemed way to thin so I put thicker oil in. Then suspension was too stiff and didn't want to return to normal ride height after compression (the front felt ok though). So then I made the piston holes a little bigger for the rear shocks and the rear went back to slapping the floor way to easy. So I put even thicker oil in the rear and that stiffened it up a bit but again it didn't wand to return to the correct height after compression.

Then I got the stiffer white springs but it didn't help much.

I then got another hyper for my son from Maz and the suspension felt so much better than mine but it still slaps, he said he thinks the shocks had 50wt in it. So then I was on a mission to get the shocks to feel like the ones on the hyper I bought from him. I found a video on YouTube that showed how to set the rebound on rc shocks so I used the spare set to two hole pistons that came with my shocks and filled the shocks up with 35wt oil and used the rebound info I learned. Now the shocks on my car feel as good as the ones on the hyper I got from Maz.

Weird.

I might try to do the same with some 50wt and use the rebound tip and see if it helps with the slapping :)

Well quik blast up me street and it handles ok....but compared to my 2200kv hyper 7 and me 2000kv mt4g3 (both run 150hw esc's)the st seems slow........I thk sum tinkering is needed....not sure what pinion the st is running....any ideal rudeboy fpv?????I think I'm gonna swap over the 150hk esc from me touring car to the st and get a leopord 4284 fined 2200kv motor as well. ....

Edited by evssv

I had loads of problems trying to get the shocks right on my brushless ST pro - I got some 20mm hobao shocks, filled them with 80wt shock oil then got some brushless absima springs (which personally I didn't think were any better than the hong nor blue/hard springs)

The ST still slapped the ground quite hard :(

I happen to pick up a set of shocks for my brothers ST which I think are from an Ansmann virus 3.0 and the white springs on them were brilliant...

So I "borrowed" them and are now fitted to my 20mm shocks and they feel great :)

Well quik blast up me street and it handles ok....but compared to my 2200kv hyper 7 and me 2000kv mt4g3 (both run 150hw esc's)the st seems slow........I thk sum tinkering is needed....not sure what pinion the st is running....any ideal rudeboy fpv?????I think I'm gonna swap over the 150hk esc from me touring car to the st and get a leopord 4284 fined 2200kv motor as well. ....

Try to get the 4082 leopard as the finned version is 2mm wider and I find it gets pushed right up against the rear chassis brace

• 2 months later...

Got centre diff problems on mine, blew it last night on 4s on 13/46 gearing with 2000kv motor.

Just rebuilt it with one of two spares i have, and within five minutes it blew it again. But only stripped the rear output gear.

Will try double shimming the spiders and output gear and try again, hope it works this time as i'm rapidly running out of spares to make a good one out of...

I've only just finished rebuilding mine, new motor ( Leopard 4082 1600kv ),new esc, spider diffs front to back, new pinions, bulkheads, motor and new bearings all round. Had a wee go on a small bit of road on 6s..... It's got 18/48 gearing and its ridonkulous. I'm going to order some red and yellow Hellfire springs to try, they work pretty good on my hyper 7.

3E2F6405-19D7-44A3-AC0F-4AC7D40E0338_zps

2E831511-0708-4D58-A666-2B8776305578_zps

Wheelspin models let me down on the RC8T shell, so on the lookout for something else that will fit that isn't the stock one. I've got 2, but one is nearly snapped in half from a bad landing, and the other is fine. But they just look darn fugly ! I've bent my rear shock tower on the right hand side of the pic, did it in the summer as it flew at a tree. Minor.

Edited by Huktonfonics