• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

I found 4s with a 16t pinion to be quite slow really I currently run an 18t pinion and I just keep an eye on my temps but wanted something that I could run that sort of gearing on 5s and 6s and not worry.

what difference does having a wider motor give then?

Edited by shdaxner

isnt it to do with heat dissapation etc?

I find running that gearing to be okay - I had it with a 17t pinion but for whatever reason one of my lipos blew up so I geared down a bit lol.

Does anyone have a Steering turnbuckle (or a pair) for the ST with the ends on they would sell? I cannot seem to find one. I nicked one off my Bro's truggy and he wants it back :(

I found that the rear wheel support bar from a different car (that adjusts the camber) worked for a turnbuckle. Not sure if it will help.

I broke one a few weeks back

I've got some 16mm hong nor big bores for my nitro ST but found I needed longer m3 bolts to attach them to the shock towers. The main reason for wanting longer bolts is because the shocks keep popping off the shock-stays :/

The problem I'm having in trying to find longer bolts is that after a certain length they seem to have a shank on them instead of being fully threaded. It means they won't thread fully through the shock-stays

I ended up finding these bolts in the house (not perfect but they'll do for now)

20140426_111557_zpsfb64b9be.jpg

Annoyingly they've got a flat head screwdriver pan head cap but beggers can't be choosers lol

20140426_110655_zpsde14a941.jpg

I need to dremel the ends off the bolts as the shell doesn't fit on but at least now the shocks won't keep popping off lol

Edited by MAZ

I've got some 16mm hong nor big bores for my nitro ST but found I needed longer m3 bolts to attach them to the shock towers. The main reason for wanting longer bolts is because the shocks keep popping off the shock-stays :/

The problem I'm having in trying to find longer bolts is that after a certain length they seem to have a shank on them instead of being fully threaded. It means they won't thread fully through the shock-stays

I ended up finding these bolts in the house (not perfect but they'll do for now)

20140426_111557_zpsfb64b9be.jpg

Annoyingly they've got a flat head screwdriver pan head cap but beggers can't be choosers lol

20140426_110655_zpsde14a941.jpg

I need to dremel the ends off the bolts as the shell doesn't fit on but at least now the shocks won't keep popping off lol

Mate what's the shocks and are they any good?

They're 16mm Hong Nor big bores with absima brushless springs. Yeah they're alright, still bottoms out a lot though. My 20mm hobao big bores are great now that I've got some super stiff springs on them.

I'm pretty sure the springs came from these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Adjustable-Alloy-Big-Bore-Shock-Absorbers-Dampers-115mm-Ansmann-Virus-2-3-/400676162170?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d4a290a7a

Edited by MAZ

Ya know, as gay as that looks, I kinda like it - I usually go for the matt black look but come winter time I cant bloody see a thing!

I was even thinking about some serious day-glo colours or maybe glow on the dark style white :)

Those wheels look massive too!

The wheels (although they do look massive) are only a tiny bit taller than the standard ones but about an inch wider than standard, they have been good wheels so far especially for the price which they can be had.

Yes, it does look gay but I wanted something which was simple but still stood out, and also my daughter absolutely loves the new shell.

The wheels (although they do look massive) are only a tiny bit taller than the standard ones but about an inch wider than standard, they have been good wheels so far especially for the price which they can be had.

Yes, it does look gay but I wanted something which was simple but still stood out, and also my daughter absolutely loves the new shell.

I got a pink shell on my Hyper 9e. :)

It rocks.

Had a cracking bash at Peel Park today....left a few people wanting Hyper ST's!

This is an "after" shot

14124613143_723e2e862f_c.jpg

Most of the paint came of when I hit the crossbar in the neighboring field from quite a bit jump.....it also did this.

14101304471_bf2e5e0621_c.jpg

Chassis is now shaped like a banana :(

Quick video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd7hB6ejNLc

I wouldn't have thought the chassis would bend like that with the supports there. No other damage other than the bend? That'll go back though, just take your time and do it slowly. Heating it up will make it easier.

Love the jump, next time do a black flip, that makes everyone jealous. I can't jump anything without doing flips. :thumbsup:

Yep, only damage is the bend to the chassis, quite pleased really as it was a big jump and it hit the crossbar with some right speed!! I think everybody was quite surprised at how little damage it had to it.

Yeah I will take my time with it, ill pop down to my father in law's and see what tools he has to make the job easier....he has everything LOL the only thing I am a little worried about is the curve on the edge of the chassis where the sideguards attach, that will never be straight again, it will probably have a kink in it somewhere - I am watching some chassis on ebay anyways incase I decide to buy a new one.

Backflips will come matey, ill have to practice the big ones a little more before I proceed onto them though LOL.

On another note, I took it out this morning just to run my last pack down to store and stripped the rear diff, hopefully Ill just be able to buy the bevel gear set and sort that relatively easily.

What diff setups are people running? I recently did 7 front 12.5 centre 3 rear but I think they are still to think specially the centre..

When you do buy, make sure you buy the right ones. The Diffs are different from the RTR compared to the Pro, at least, they are in mine.

At the moment, I'm running 50k up front, 30k center and 10k rear, only starts to wheelie at high speed so I will drop the center to about 20-25k. 

My other ST was running 10k up front, 40k center and 10k rear. Handled pretty poo to be fair.