• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Been in engineering does have its advantages, ive made lots of Ali upgrades that will never brake.

It makes you realize how rubbish standard parts are.

i should start a thread , what did you make for your RC today.

I always used to lose the front pins every run now never lost one as the fishing line keeps em safe if they pop out

Its a shame to buy so much but 300m can be had for

I use green garden wire .. the thick sort with green plastic outer wrapped round steel core. It keeps its shape... and can be any length you want, and gets used in the garden anyway. Has the benefit if being dirt cheap in the quantity used for RC. Cut off a 15 cm section and loop through both from body mounts...

• Like 1

I dong understand how you are losing them? are you misplacing them or are they being lost during runs?

I think they are like biros...   i.e. you don't actually "own" body clips and biros. and you are never quite sure where they all came from, or where your favourite one went.

You just look after them for the next person.

Same with body clips. keep buying them, no idea where they have all disappeared too. and lose them very easily out in the field.

I'm using hobao 20mm big bores with 85wt oil, I had some team c brushless springs that I changed for some unknown white ones that are stiffer - I'll try and find some on ebay

I'll be joining the club in a few days. Took a chance on an ST on ebay, looked ok in the one blurry pic but I will soon find out. 47 quid including postage. :-D

Im not sure if it will stay nitro or I will turn it brushless. If the engine is any good I will get some use out of it.