• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Im tempted to try the force 36 in mine, only problem is because the engine had some damage I have to swap some parts over from my hpi engine like the backplate and stuff.....may give it a go though.

man you need to get yours going, you will love it.

Hi all, has anyone cut a hole in the windscreen area of their ST?

I was wondering if it's worth doing to help cool the engine or not?

Both my ST's had a part of the windscreen cut out - it might help with temps but as I'm not a nitro expert I wouldn't know for sure. The Hyper ST shell has got whopping great wheel arches so I'd imagine that would allow for pretty good ventilation (??)

I managed to get my nitro hyper started this evening :)

The rx battery died after about 2 minutes though :/

Typical really...

(And yes, I did charge beforehand :P)

Well, I'm pretty annoyed. My conversion kit turned up after nearly 3 weeks (so much for 2-3 days fast post) from TC models.  and I can't even fit my 20t on the damn thing using the smallest spur. What a waste of time. :yucky:

I can't fit a 15t pinion as my motor fouls the chassis brace :/

I either, ground some of the fins away on the can, use a bigger spur, buy a new motor 4082 to replace the 4282 thats on there or keep the 16t pinion on there and see how it goes

Have you got any options you could try?

Because I'm using lowish KV (1900) I need a bigger pinion, 18 on 4s was pretty slow. I've got a 46, 48 and 52 spur

The Hyper Cage motor mount works really well with little modding but again, I can't fit my 20 for the only reason the neck of the pinion is too big. I've ordered 6 pinions from the US that look like they will fit the Cage mount.

I could try drilling the new mount, and see how that goes. Will try that now. :)

Because I'm using lowish KV (1900) I need a bigger pinion, 18 on 4s was pretty slow. I've got a 46, 48 and 52 spur

The Hyper Cage motor mount works really well with little modding but again, I can't fit my 20 for the only reason the neck of the pinion is too big. I've ordered 6 pinions from the US that look like they will fit the Cage mount.

I could try drilling the new mount, and see how that goes. Will try that now. :)

Good luck and God speed ;)

^^does that make me sound witty or more of a jesus nut?

(I was going for witty by the way)

Edited by MAZ

Good luck and God speed ;)

^^does that make me sound witty or more of a jesus nut?

(I was going for witty by the way)

Half success, Not got the proper bits for my dremel but achieved something. Need to run it slowly for a few packs as the pinion rubs a little on the mount, hopefully it will smooth out.  :hahadance:

Witty more than nutty, by the way. :)

peeps....anyone got a batt tray and mount kit to sell or link me to ?

I dont think the one from my CRT will fit.... plus I cant get the bolts undone to remove it....

what weight diff oils do you folks suggest ? I have 100k in the centre...as its destined for a ton of torque !

Im using the Losi one, bought another as I'm happy with it. Bought it from A Main Hobbies. Though wou will have to drill to get it to fit nicely.

Diff oil for me is 50k up front, 30k centre and 10k rear.