• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stockwood

Sphinx

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would share this bit of info,

A couple of us went to stockwood last week for a bash, we were approached by a very irate man saying that the residents were really angry and fed up with the noise the cars are making. When i tried to explain to him that we didnt know people felt this way he stated that they were afraid to say anything and that he was speaking for the community. This guy was very angry and I think if we would have pushed it he would have got aggressive. When he left, I looked over at the rear of the houses and there was people stood on there back doors looking over at us. It was a very intimidating experience.

Just thought i would share this with everybody and see what you guys suggest and think about this.

Neil......

drive your cars at them that usually sorts out miserable peeps like that

free space (unless they own the land and not to late)

why is it when people see others having fun they get annoyed

andy

:thumbsup:

Just had an email about this, apparently the Police was there and ordered people to leave

One member had there car took off them and arrested for breach on the pease, as he went mad

because some one went to grab his Baja !

Gav

Bloody hell, we've never had any problems, in-fact the residents were really helpful when I got my 1:1 stuck in the mud on the field there. It's a real shame if we can't use it any longer, it's a great track :(

Having said that, I can't see how we can legally be stopped? There are no signs or anything stating RC's are not allowed :/

Edited by DreXeL

Just thought I would share this bit of info,

A couple of us went to stockwood last week for a bash, we were approached by a very irate man saying that the residents were really angry and fed up with the noise the cars are making. When i tried to explain to him that we didnt know people felt this way he stated that they were afraid to say anything and that he was speaking for the community. This guy was very angry and I think if we would have pushed it he would have got aggressive. When he left, I looked over at the rear of the houses and there was people stood on there back doors looking over at us. It was a very intimidating experience.

Just thought i would share this with everybody and see what you guys suggest and think about this.

Neil......

I wondered if this might happen :( I did think it was in very close proximity to residential property. Have the same problem with heli's. I have to be very careful where I fly.Anything nitro does have the same drawback.

As tempting as it is to say f*** it, it would be a shame to give the hobby a bad name in Bristol. I stopped using stockwood for that reason. Shame as it's a cracking bash spot:(

Right, I'm off to Longwell Green